Author Topic: First impressions  (Read 7344 times)

ricardo_r

First impressions
« on: February 01, 2012, 02:37:12 pm »
Hi!

I've been following GSX progress from the beginning and of course I just bought it as soon as I checked my email and seen it had arrive. :)
Although I have a few minor questions, my first impressions are very positive and I really like GSX! Great work guys! ;)

Let me start by warning you that on the iFly 737-800 (didn't check the other variants, sorry) the rear door stairtruck is misaligned with the door, as you can see on the attached screenshot.

Then, isn't it possible to attach the stairs to the aircraft right from when you load your flight, before boarding? And the same for baggage loading. Just like AES does (excuse me the reference).

And last but not least, is it planned to have a de-icing feature?

Thanks in advance and congratulations for your work! ;)
Ricardo Rodrigues

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: First impressions
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 02:58:34 pm »
Then, isn't it possible to attach the stairs to the aircraft right from when you load your flight, before boarding? And the same for baggage loading. Just like AES does (excuse me the reference).

GSX was intentionally made this way so users could still use AES with it.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

ricardo_r

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 03:31:34 pm »
Humm I see... but let's say I don't pretend to use AES (at least in most of my airports) or at airports that aren't supported by AES, it would be nice if the stairtruck would come to the aircraft doors. Besides being the real procedure, you don't get that somehow "dullish" felling of an empty and unattended aircraft while you are preparing the a/c to boarding. Specially if you like to take screenshots or simply look around while IRS is being aligned or your F/O completes its checklists (in case you use FS2Crew). 8)
Ricardo Rodrigues

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 03:40:25 pm »
You mean you would like to have an option to just move jetways stairs into position, without initiating the actual boarding ? Maybe that could be arranged.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 03:52:30 pm by virtuali »

ricardo_r

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 03:49:39 pm »
Yup that's it! ;)
But it's not the jetways I'm referring to. I'm referring to the stair truck, like that on my screenshot.
As the jetways are user controlled and they are very well in that way, as far as I'm concerned please leave it be. Just the stair truck should have the option to move automatically from the start. ;)
Ricardo Rodrigues

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 03:52:57 pm »
Sorry, I understood what you mean, but wrote jetways instead of stairs!

ricardo_r

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 04:05:37 pm »
Ok, thanks for your attention!
Ricardo Rodrigues

JPL19

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 01:42:34 am »
You mean you would like to have an option to just move jetways stairs into position, without initiating the actual boarding ? Maybe that could be arranged.

Yes, please consider - otherwise how do I get and the rest of the crew get on !   :D

Joe L.