Author Topic: GSX is Crashing  (Read 6069 times)

marcanthonystorm

GSX is Crashing
« on: February 01, 2012, 07:28:35 pm »
I positioned my 737 NGX in Geneva gate 11. The plane is off and I positioned a camera outside to watch it come to life.  Just as the catering trucks start to raise up for GSX system crashes and the vehicles are gone.  Does anyone know what is the issue with it.  i tried it twice and it happened twice.  My copy is registered.  Thank you.

Marc Anthony Storm

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX is Crashing
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 09:11:04 pm »
GSX doesn't simply crash, it should have displayed a message telling to check the content of the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.err file for details about the error. Do you have that file ? If yes, please post its content, so we can understand what was the cause of the problem.

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 09:41:50 pm »
yes it told me that something caused it to shut down and check the Users Marcanthony  appdata virtuali Couatl.err folder, which I can not open.  Thanks for responding. Just landed in Zurich and tried to use ground services to deboard the aircraft but it failed after about 10 seconds. Also there was a beeping nose fight before it failed.  Thanks

Marc

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 10:30:10 pm »
I noticed that the problem Im having seems to have been answered elsewhere.  When I installed the GSX FS Dreamteam told me my Zurich was out of date and if I wanted to update it.  So I did.  But you responded on another post, that this is the problem, that you can not install fs dreamteam scenery after the GSX because it corrupts its Couatl.    Wow, how did it do that.  Didnt anyone think about this before it was released.  Hope this works by reinstalling the Standalone manager.

Marc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 10:38:44 pm »
Yes, that's surely the issue. Until we update all the scenery installers, you have to always install GSX OR the Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER the scenery, if you need to reinstall the scenery for any reason.

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 01:33:38 am »
Hey its fixed, I've tested it over and over again and that was the problem.  I uninstalled Zurich and GSX and then reinstalled Zurich first then GSX and also did Stand Alone addon manager too.  All is well and it works.  No issues.