Author Topic: Catering Vehicles Sit Idol  (Read 16029 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Catering Vehicles Sit Idol
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 12:20:22 am »
Virtuali, and as you see so do also I have the same problem with Heathrow(with catering truck stop the process). But I use the airport included in FSX. It works perfectly on all the other airports I have tried it on so far.

Hello, we found the problem, it was a missing object of one of the catering companies that can appear in the UK. It's fixed now with a Live Update, you can either run the Stand-Alone Addon Manager or the GSX installer you already have, it will get the updated files.

wiqvist

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 01:17:57 am »
Thanks a lot for the quick fix.

The catering workers are back at work, lovely.

toriu

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 09:15:43 pm »
Yes thank you for the fix, passengers now content.
HAF932 850WPSU X58Chipset I7-920(OC@4.0Ghz)
12GBDDR3-1600MHz Radeon5850-1GBx2 W7HP64bit
FSX-Accel REX-Essential UTEur/USA FDC PFE TrafficX
FTX-PFJ,FTX-CRM,FTX-NRM,FTX-PNW,UK2000-EGLL
FSDT-GSX,FSDT-KJFK,FSDT-CYVR, fsgenesis CS-767
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

[img]http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_

Brent Beale

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 06:06:39 pm »
Umberto

Virtuali, and as you see so do also I have the same problem with Heathrow(with catering truck stop the process). But I use the airport included in FSX. It works perfectly on all the other airports I have tried it on so far.

Hello, we found the problem, it was a missing object of one of the catering companies that can appear in the UK. It's fixed now with a Live Update, you can either run the Stand-Alone Addon Manager or the GSX installer you already have, it will get the updated files.

I have noticed this problem with the Concorde X by FSLabs.  My GSX is up-to-date as of today with ver 1.1, all live updates, and the vehicle liveries patch.  I tried four different gates at EGLL  including ramp parking and had the same result (stock FSX airport with no customization).  The Pax and luggage boarding worked fine.  In addition some of the liveries were black textures (the airline services didn't seem to matter and varied btwn British Midland and Virgin).

The truck's platform doesn't seem to fully extend to the aircraft and the process gets stuck.

This picture shows the catering truck working except it wasn't recognizing that the door was open and kept nagging me to open the door.  This happened once before and the catering resumed but only after the door was closed ;D

Cheers,
Brent

i7-7700K, ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, Asus GeForce GTX 970, 32Gb, TM Warthog HOTAS, W10 64bit, DX10 FSX with Accel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 07:44:04 pm »
Both problems found and fixed, the black texture was a typo in the following file:

FSX\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_Catering_EU\texture.Cuisineair\texture.cfg

change the last line from

Cuisinair

TO

Cuisineair

For the problem with the FS Labs concorde catering door not recognized, use the attached file, to be put into FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\common folder.

We are also updating the vehicles updates installer and put the new aircraftdb file on Live Update too.

Brent Beale

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 02:17:56 am »
That appears to have worked.  Thanks!
i7-7700K, ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, Asus GeForce GTX 970, 32Gb, TM Warthog HOTAS, W10 64bit, DX10 FSX with Accel

Brent Beale

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 09:29:46 pm »
Umberto,
There still seems to be a problem with the catering truck, Concorde and Heathrow.  When I first tested what you provided it worked fine.  However today I had the same issue with the catering ramp not extending to the door. 

Because it had worked for me yesterday I started testing to see if their was a pattern and this is what I found at EGLL.

Both Cuisineair and GateAviation failed to extend their ramp to the door even once.  Alpha catering worked 100% of the time when they showed to deliver the breakfast sausage.  During my testing no other catering vehicles showed up beside GateAviation, Cuisineair, and Alpha.

This is after testing it at least 20x and using reset position frequently.

I wouldn't have expected a texture to make such as difference but perhaps this will be of some use to tracking down the cause of the error.

Cheers
Brent

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 10:04:18 pm »
I've tried it EGLL gate 147 with a 747 (which would trigger the same catering vehicle as the Concorde, the large EU style with 3 axles), and both Cusisinair and Gate Aviation worked fine.

Try to use the latest installer for the vheicles update, at least you will be sure having all the latest files.

Brent Beale

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 10:35:18 pm »
I've tried it EGLL gate 147 with a 747 (which would trigger the same catering vehicle as the Concorde, the large EU style with 3 axles), and both Cusisinair and Gate Aviation worked fine.

Try to use the latest installer for the vheicles update, at least you will be sure having all the latest files.

Just to be clear do you mean gsx_vehicles_update_fsx_setup.exe??

Thanks,
Brent

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 11:20:21 am »
Yes, that's the only updated for vehicles we have now, they don't come with Live Update right now.

Brent Beale

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 09:21:27 pm »
Umberto
That didn't work for me. 

In addition, I lost access to GSX, ended up with two Coutatl processes that wouldn't quit when exiting FSX.  Since I've read so many posts about the AV software playing havoc with many installations, I uninstalled everything, downloaded the GSX sw and the vehicles update, reinstalled following your instructions to the letter re: the av and firewall software (I'm using Eset), and re-tested the problems I had been having with catering trucks.

Everything now works as advertised and can now have the filet mignon delivered to my Concorde!   ;D

Thanks
Brent