Author Topic: Catering Vehicles Sit Idol  (Read 16030 times)

toriu

Catering Vehicles Sit Idol
« on: February 02, 2012, 12:27:21 am »
Parked at gate 535 in the UK2000 Heathrow V2 with the default B747-400. Every thing working except the Catering vehicles which turn up and lift to the doors which I then open, then the trucks
just sit there, no loading at all. Also the trucks have no logo on the side, just a black area where it should be. This of course means that I cant complete the rest of the departure process. It worked fine with the free version, this is with the paid GSX.
I'm really impressed with the product and hope you can help me with this small problem
HAF932 850WPSU X58Chipset I7-920(OC@4.0Ghz)
12GBDDR3-1600MHz Radeon5850-1GBx2 W7HP64bit
FSX-Accel REX-Essential UTEur/USA FDC PFE TrafficX
FTX-PFJ,FTX-CRM,FTX-NRM,FTX-PNW,UK2000-EGLL
FSDT-GSX,FSDT-KJFK,FSDT-CYVR, fsgenesis CS-767
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

[img]http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Catering Vehicles Sit Idol
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 12:41:03 am »
The black texture *might* be a livery specific for UK that might be missing, but surely it's not an issue that would cause the catering not raising (BTW, do you recall which handled was ?), nor could be a difference between trial and registered.

Does it happen *always* on that airport, or it happened only once ? Try a "Reset Position", then call the Catering again.

wiqvist

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 01:37:55 am »
Thank you for a fantastic product, it was deffenetly worth waiting for.
I have tried it on a couple of airports and it has worked as it tells to do, but I have the same issue at Heathrow with that the catering vehicle stop and nothing more happen. I tried the 'in game resest' and also started a new flight at Heathrow, saddly I did not think about which gate it was. But I used the FSX airbus 321 and FSX B-737, and it was at the FSX Heathrow, I do not have an Heathrow add on. Not a big problem, it is just one of thousands.

wiqvist

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 07:33:24 pm »
Now I have tried Heathrow a bit more and it seems that it does not matter which aircraft I use, the catering persons seems to be on a strike.

toriu

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 09:05:21 pm »
The black texture *might* be a livery specific for UK that might be missing, but surely it's not an issue that would cause the catering not raising (BTW, do you recall which handled was ?), nor could be a difference between trial and registered.

Does it happen *always* on that airport, or it happened only once ? Try a "Reset Position", then call the Catering again.

Thanks Virtuali, I've tried a few flights into and departing Heathrow (UK2000V2) with the same result, except the catering vehicles had logos. They turn up then raise to the doors which I then open. After that they just sit there with no loading sequence at all.

(BTW, do you recall which handled was ?), Sorry didn`t understand this bit.
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 09:16:28 pm »
Thanks Virtuali, I've tried a few flights into and departing Heathrow (UK2000V2) with the same result, except the catering vehicles had logos. They turn up then raise to the doors which I then open. After that they just sit there with no loading sequence at all.

Do you have the "Advanced Animations" option checked in the FSX Graphic settings ?

(BTW, do you recall which handled was ?), Sorry didn`t understand this bit.

Sorry, I mistyped it, I mean "handler". When you select a parking, GSX will say which handling company will be used, so we might spot which texture might be missing.

toriu

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 11:46:05 pm »
Virtuali, yes the "Advanced Animations" option is checked.The handler was British Airways. There is nothing wrong with the textures now. Just checked again using different parking slots but same problem.
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 11:59:32 pm »
Could be you are viewing the airplane for a bit too far ? FSX automatically disable all animation over a certain viewing distance, probably to save fps, try to go closer.

toriu

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 01:32:12 am »
No, I dont think you understand. When the catering trucks arrive they raise up but do not extend the ramp to the aircraft door and just sit there infinitum. This means the whole process is stuck. I have tried for some time zooming in and out, waiting, est. but in the end the only way out is to reset. This only happens with the UK2000 Heathrow V2. I know I could use another airport but I do like this one. ???
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 01:44:31 am »
Do you recall a specific gate, or it happens everywhere at UK2000 Heathrow ?

toriu

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 02:33:40 am »
Yes every gate, so far tried 6, also parking areas. Another separate problem now, just tried it at Ataturk, Turkey and the baggage cart tractor (the one that pulls the baggage trolleys) has disappeared, the trolleys are sitting there but cant move. Maybe I should try a re-install. could you give me a few hints re the best way to do this?
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

wiqvist

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 07:19:00 am »
Virtuali, and as you see so do also I have the same problem with Heathrow(with catering truck stop the process). But I use the airport included in FSX. It works perfectly on all the other airports I have tried it on so far. And it is as I said above, it does not matter which gate or which aircraft I use on Heathrow, the catering process stop the whole thing. I have waited up to 15 minutes but nothing happen, the cateing trucks arrive and stop where they should and rise the back and then nothing more happens. And this is only at Heathrow.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 11:16:08 am »
Ok, will surely look into it.

lennyifly

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 04:37:17 pm »
HI all

i have the same problem with gsx at heathrow (uk2000)
and do have a red ring in the middle of your computer sceen? I have only after installing GSX
 LENNYIFLY

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 05:04:56 pm »
and do have a red ring in the middle of your computer sceen? I have only after installing GSX

As explained in other thread, that message is generated by UT2, don't know what exactly means, but I use UT2 with GSX normally.