Author Topic: Some things to make (even) better  (Read 7330 times)

MatzeH84

Some things to make (even) better
« on: February 02, 2012, 12:07:30 am »
Hi, after testing on KLAX I just bought it.

Now I'm at LIRN with the Napulevola freeware.
On stand 16 it says: Too small for your aircraft (NGX -700). Well but this is where ATC sent me.. can I adjust it to disregard the gate size?
On stand 14 and 17 (for example) I get full ground service, but no push, as "Pushback is not available for your aircraft at this position". Why?

Please fix the stairs, it looks just silly:

-Angle of the whole stairs and platform
-Doors through the sidewall of the platform

Stairs should not adjust the angle, but the lengh to adjust the height.
Marshaller Chocks-In gesture would be nice.

If you now implement realistic jetways and de-icing I won't spend any more AES credits..  ;D

Regards
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 12:35:24 am by MatzeH84 »

MatzeH84

Re: Some things to make (even) better
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 12:29:01 am »
Found a VERY serious bug:

GSX won't activate if IVAP is running. Just landed at LIRN again, CTRL+F12, nothing. Stopped IVAP, CTRL+F12, e voila, GSX menu comes up.

I really hope this will be fixed soon.

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 12:32:52 am »
There's nothing to be fixed, the problem it's because IVAP seems to use the same hotkey as GSX by default. Under the "Couatl powered products" menu, there's an option to map GSX to a different key.

MatzeH84

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 12:38:02 am »
Indeed.. my mistake, sorry.  :-[
Thank you for your quick advice!  ;)

MatzeH84

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 08:51:28 pm »
Ok, I'll ask the other way around:

On stand 16 it says: Too small for your aircraft (NGX -700). Well but this is where ATC sent me..

=>can I adjust it to disregard the gate size or eid the AFCAD to make this gate GSX usable?

On stand 14 and 17 (for example) I get full ground service, but no push, as "Pushback is not available for your aircraft at this position".

=>Why is it impossible to push, and what can be done to make it possible (edit AFCAD for example?)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 08:56:09 pm »
=>can I adjust it to disregard the gate size or eid the AFCAD to make this gate GSX usable?

Yes, GSX takes the Gate radius to know if the airplane is too large to fit the parking spot. However, keep in mind that if you try to put a large airplane in a parking that is small because of other buildings around, chances are vehicles will have trouble maneuvering into that area or likely end up inside buildings/nearby jetways. Don't forget that GSX vehicles are really "blind", their only notion of the outside world is the AFCAD.

=>Why is it impossible to push, and what can be done to make it possible (edit AFCAD for example?)

If Pushback is not available, it's because the Parking has been set to "None" as Pushback preference. Setting it to Left, Right or Both, will enable GSX Pushback.

MatzeH84

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 11:47:41 pm »

If Pushback is not available, it's because the Parking has been set to "None" as Pushback preference. Setting it to Left, Right or Both, will enable GSX Pushback.

Confirm this can be made within the Afcad? Never saw this option (but also never looked for it).

One more suggestion: The wingwalker could stay near the nosewheel after push truck removed. The push truck then should move out of the way (now stays in front, pilots may not able to see it but get a 'clear'), then the agent could state 'l+r clear, clearance on the right/left side, byebye' (depending on push left/right), disconnect the headphones on the front of the plane (well, would need a new animation), then walk over to the side (now he stands in front of the plane on wave off, that pretty dangerous if you ask me..) and wave the pilots off.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 11:58:28 pm »
Confirm this can be made within the Afcad? Never saw this option (but also never looked for it).

It can't be done with ADE, unless you save in .XML, edit it to change the Pushback preference, and compile back with the MS bglcomp from the SDK.

AFX can do it directly.

One more suggestion: The wingwalker could stay near the nosewheel after push truck removed. The push truck then should move out of the way (now stays in front, pilots may not able to see it but get a 'clear'), then the agent could state 'l+r clear, clearance on the right/left side, byebye' (depending on push left/right), disconnect the headphones on the front of the plane (well, would need a new animation), then walk over to the side (now he stands in front of the plane on wave off, that pretty dangerous if you ask me..) and wave the pilots off.

Noted.

MatzeH84

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 12:04:43 am »