Author Topic: Error messages during installation  (Read 9510 times)

WebMaximus

Error messages during installation
« on: February 01, 2012, 10:21:00 pm »
Just downloaded GSX and when installing I got these 3 messages, however the installation still seemed to end successfully...?

Problem downloading AFD scenery list

There was a problem updating some sceneries, please try again later

Problem downloading Couatl plugins list !

Should I try to uninstall and reinstall or what do you suggest?

Thanks in advance,
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error messages during installation
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 10:40:11 pm »
Was your internet connection up while installing ?

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 10:42:40 pm »
Sure was, I'm permanently connected to Internet with a 100 Mbit fiber connection.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 10:53:28 pm »
Do you have a software firewall maybe ? It's strange because, that online download has a mirror for every file, if the first URL doesn't work, the 2nd one is used.

Maybe that's exactly what's happened: the first URL wasn't accessible for some reason, so the mirror was used, but everything completed at the end.

WebMaximus

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 11:10:39 pm »
I don't think that's it because I tried re-installing 5 times now and last time I tried with both the built-in firewall in Win 7 disabled and I also disabled my AV software (Avast!) but I still get the same 3 error messages during installation so must be something else. Strange if I'm the only one with this problem?

For your info I'm using Win 7 x64 Ultimate and I have UAC disabled and I'm running the setup as Administrator.

Will try to fire up FSX and see if it maybe works despite these error messages but doesn't feel that good to get these kind of messages during the installation, obviously something didn't go as planned during the installation...
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 11:25:29 pm »
I believe nothing wrong happened: the GSX release has consumed all our daily quota on the first server, but the installer has been programmed with a mirror just for that reason so, I'd say that everything should work, because files were downloaded from the mirror.

curt1

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 12:24:22 am »
I also had the same error messages, but everything seems to be working correctly.  Nice addon, especially with the sound effects that correlate to your position.  :)

WebMaximus

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 12:26:34 am »
Just did a first short test of GSX and it appears to work so I guess you're right but that means the installation program is a little bit misleading since it says what I posted above. If it indeed got the files needed from the mirror server then I think it should say something about that instead of telling me to try again.

Never mind since all appears to be working so far and I'm impressed so far but I have not bought the product yet and only tried it at your (FSDT) Geneva airport so far.

A few things I noticed so far was the stairs for the left aft pax door was used but I never got any message telling me to open/close that door and I don't think the stairs will be very useful with the door closed  ;)

Comparing to AES I also was missing the dialog with the ground crew when arriving at the gate telling me the chocks are in place etc after I shut down the engines and set the parking brake but maybe there's some info about those kind of things in the documentation which I haven't had the time to check out yet. Will do more testing of this product tomorrow  :)
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 12:27:27 am »
I also had the same error messages, but everything seems to be working correctly.  Nice addon, especially with the sound effects that correlate to your position.  :)

OK, nice in a way to know I'm not the only one ;)
Richard Åsberg

SDFlyer

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 12:32:42 am »
It's happening to me too. Haven't ran FSX yet.
Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 12:36:24 am »
That error is benign, it simply means the first download location didn't worked (because the server was overloaded), but that's why we have mirrors for...

In any case, we already updated the installer to get rid of the somewhat misleading message box. More precisely, there will be an error message, but only if BOTH mirrors would eventually fail.

WebMaximus

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 12:48:17 am »
Wow, that was a quick fix...thanks :)
Richard Åsberg