Author Topic: Sounds and voices  (Read 6197 times)

skypara

Sounds and voices
« on: February 01, 2012, 08:45:24 pm »
Is there a way to control the sound levels such as boarding sound? I find that guy greeting looping all the time a little annoying...
Apart of that, GSX is a really impressive product.

D_mitris

Re: Sounds and voices
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 06:47:09 am »
adding to this request..

I found the 5 second boarding loop annoying while I am trying to do my pre-flight checks.  The only part of it I liked were the seat belts clicking.

Is anything done to update or change this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 11:07:28 am »
This has been discussed already, and it has been already confirmed we'll update this.

WilliamJSS

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 04:19:49 pm »
Or you could add your own. I have found one that is about 10 minutes...and for me, that is perfect, cause I don't need much more than that. Plus, the sound is not HD or anything, so it is not to big a file. Pretty easy to do...if you want to wait for the update like I am, I will use the new one, and when I get board, I will just swap them out.

Loving GSX!

Doomun Lee

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 07:45:42 pm »
This has been discussed already, and it has been already confirmed we'll update this.

And please change the beep sound that ask to close/open doors.

Real human speaking will be great. (or I can recored my voice but it is really nerd thing!!!!)

Also the human voice option is good . 

Female voice and male voice. (Of course I can recored so kind female voice using my young sister, but it's nerd)

or some foreigner sound like japanese, korean, chinese. and you can hear the voice in the country!!

Anyway this product is very nice. but it can be 120% or 130% product.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 08:52:33 pm »
There's an update online now, which adds a GSX settings page, with option to control the Audio Volume.

Doomun Lee

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 09:59:15 pm »
There's an update online now, which adds a GSX settings page, with option to control the Audio Volume.
Sir. Where is the option?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 10:20:33 pm »
In the "GSX Settings" menu entry, under the "Couatl powered product" menu.

Selkan

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 10:41:25 am »
Had a look at the Audio Volume control, but the problem is that it will turn down or up the Volume for all WAV files, and not individually.  I have not had time to do this yet, but if you download a free program called 'WavePad' (just make a Google search), you can adjust each WAV file as you wish.  You will find them in the main GSX/Sound Folder.  WavePad works by increasing or decreasing sound on a % (percentage basis), so if as an example you think one particular sound is too loud, try reducing it to say 80%, pop back in Sound Folder where it came from, and go back into FSX and have a listen.

A word of caution.  Please back up your sound Folders before doing any of the above.  Easy then to put back if you mess up!!