Author Topic: GSX not installing...  (Read 9510 times)

Der Flieger

GSX not installing...
« on: February 01, 2012, 07:42:09 pm »
Hello,

I have just purchased GSX, but it seems to me that it isn't installing at all. At first I had a problem with my Addon Manager after installing GSX...the Addon Manager just disappeared. I then uninstalled all my FSDT products and the Addon Manager and reinstalled everything apart from GSX. Now the Manager and all my sceneries worked fine again. After installing GSX again, the manager suddenly disappeared again...

I also had two errors showing up during installation of GSX, saying "Problem downloading AFD scenery list!" and "Problem downloading Couatl plugins list!" My computer is not connected to the internet, so this may cause my problem.

Is there any possibility to get GSX working on my offline computer...I cannot even enter the demo mode...

Thank you very much,
Sebastian
Regards,
Sebastian Szuecs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not installing...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 07:45:09 pm »
First, you shouldn't have uninstalled and reinstalled the sceneries. In case you have problems, don't uninstall anything, but just install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager after everything else.

The installer requires an internet connection, but it also includes the same files locally, so it should work, but we might check this better.

Der Flieger

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 08:31:10 pm »
Hello,

thank you for your quick reply!

I have tried to use the Stand Alone Manager, but it didn't change anything. All my sceneries and the addon manager work fine until I install GSX. It seems to me that GSX isn't installing correctly as there is nothing showing up in FSX at all. Additionally it always deletes my addon manager and if I install the Stand Alone Manager after GSX there is still nothing showing up in my FS menu...

As it is saying "Problem downloading Couatl plugins list!" during install, I think GSY somehow messes up my Couatl, because nothing really works after installing GSX. I have to uninstall it and all my FSDT stuff and reinstall everything in order to get my addon manager working.

Hopefully you can help me, as I have bought the product and I am eager to try it out! :)

Thank you,
Sebastian
Regards,
Sebastian Szuecs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 08:58:06 pm »
We'll have to do more test with the installer without an internet connection, will report back.

Der Flieger

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 09:12:22 pm »
Thank you! :)

I've also purchased Geneva today and I really have to say that I love your products, hopefully I'll be able to get GSX running...

Cheers,
Sebastian
Regards,
Sebastian Szuecs

Cras

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 05:13:36 am »
Just purchsed GSX today. Installed it, and got the same two error messages that the original poster saw  "Problem downloading AFD scenery list!" and "Problem downloading Couatl plugins list!"

Booted up FSX, loaded a flight at a default airport, KLMT, and GSX showed up and worked as advertised.

In mid flight, FSX crashed on me.

Then I tried the flight again a few hours ago, and GSX would not show up.  It was listed under the Couatl for key mapping, I then changed the key map, something I wanted to do anyway, but still no luck.

Re-install GSX, same two error messages show up (my computer is connected to the internet by the way), and GSX showed up (plane parked at your KLAS), and worked as advertised.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 01:07:35 pm »

Der Flieger

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 04:03:35 pm »
Today I have tried installing GSX again, and this time I didn't get any error during installation. But after starting FSX, I got disappointed again, as no Add On Manager showed up and GSX didn't work...same problem as before...
Regards,
Sebastian Szuecs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 04:08:42 pm »
In case you have problems, don't uninstall anything, but just install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager after everything else.

Der Flieger

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 05:19:30 pm »
Thank you, I finally got it running. I installed GSX, then your Stand-Alone-Manager but then I replaced my bglmanx.dll with this one: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5560.0

My original bglmanx.dll after installation of the Stand-Alone-Manager was 0kb in filesize, so I tried to replace it with the one from the link and it worked!

Thank you for your great product, finally I can enjoy it! :)
Regards,
Sebastian Szuecs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 06:17:48 pm »
My original bglmanx.dll after installation of the Stand-Alone-Manager was 0kb in filesize, so I tried to replace it with the one from the link and it worked!

Well, yes of course, this means something went wrong while downlading, because the file the installer downloads automatically it's the same url that you manually downloaded so, it would have worked right away.

We might add a further check in the installer, that will verify if the file was downloaded correctly. Maybe it's also a factor of the unusually high number of downloads we are seeing these first days, which is affecting downloads.