Author Topic: GSX appears to be incompatible with UK2000 airports  (Read 26613 times)

Eisbahn

Re: GSX appears to be incompatible with UK2000 airports
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 12:42:27 pm »
I have exactly the same problem with UK2000 airports.
All morning I have been trying with installs, uninstalls and different "vehicles_airport.bgl's", but the problem remained.
The only way I have been able to eliminate the problem is by deleting Ground X Vehicles.
Hopefully Pete is having more luck than I am.
Eisbahn

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 12:59:14 pm »
Already replied in several other threads, we are doing a specific patch for the DSD vehicles (BTW, it's the same as what you call "Ground X Vehicles" ?

Eisbahn

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 01:09:16 pm »
Already replied in several other threads, we are doing a specific patch for the DSD vehicles (BTW, it's the same as what you call "Ground X Vehicles" ?

Thanks for the rapid response. I knew that but I thought I would let you know of my result.
When the patch is finished, will I have to remove GSX before re-installing DSD vehicles, or will the patch be a stand-alone that can be run without removing GSX first.

Eisbahn

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 01:10:32 pm »
You'll likely have to reinstall GSX.

Eisbahn

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 01:21:27 pm »
You'll likely have to reinstall GSX.

Thank you for the reply.
Eisbahn

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 03:57:33 pm »

I did a search and there appears to be another package called "Ground X Vehicles", not DSD. See

http://www.flight-team-bremerhaven.de/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=31

Also, the DSD (DIRK STUCK DESIGN) one I'm using is Europe, but I see SimMarket have a USA version too. So I think there may be several different vehicle_airport.bgl's your installer will need to deal with!

Regards
Pete

Travis

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 04:35:48 pm »
Yes, there are several DSD Ground Vehicle packages.

• Europe
  • USA (Update to Europe)
  • USA (Standalone)
  • World

I have 1 2 and 4 - file size is 105,794,052 bytes, if that helps with anything.
travis@aivlasoft.com
travis@fscaptain.net

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 06:09:17 pm »
Yes, there are several DSD Ground Vehicle packages.
I have 1 2 and 4 - file size is 105,794,052 bytes, if that helps with anything.

Do they all replace "vehicle_airport.bgl" with different versions, or is there a single version of that for all those packages? I realise that probably most of their contents is placed in the AI vehicles (part of SimObjects), so maybe they all use the same one? However, my BGL is 71,897,364 bytes, a lot smaller than yours.

Regards
Pete

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 06:18:25 pm »
I think we might use a different approach of the patching, since I've got to know there's another similar product that replaces the default vehicles_airport.bgl, so it will be a nightmare keeping track of all of them, and maybe their updates.

It would be better to *scan* the .bgl file, and search for the default pushback guids, and patch them, at their actual binary location. It will be a bit slower, because the whole 17MB file needs to be parsed, but will surely work with any present and future vehicles_airport.bgl.

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 06:42:13 pm »
I think we might use a different approach of the patching, since I've got to know there's another similar product that replaces the default vehicles_airport.bgl, so it will be a nightmare keeping track of all of them, and maybe their updates.

It would be better to *scan* the .bgl file, and search for the default pushback guids, and patch them, at their actual binary location. It will be a bit slower, because the whole 17MB file needs to be parsed, but will surely work with any present and future vehicles_airport.bgl.

Yes, much better method! and searching a file takes no time at all provided you read it ALL into memory first.  Never do it on disk! Just determine its size, allocate memory, read it all, search, patch, write. Never more than a second on any current processor!

Pete
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 06:45:49 pm by Pete Dowson »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 06:51:58 pm »
Never more than a second on any current processor!

Sure, if I could use C++, maybe a bit slower using the interpreted Pascal/Delphi code that Inno setup use, and I guess it's a bit overkill to write a support .dll in C++ just for doing that...but yes, I don't think it will be too slow.

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 09:54:15 pm »
Alright, is there going to be an update for GSX for it to work with UK2000, or will we have to manually go through the program files to fix it, or is it already there? I'm purchasing the GSX addon soon and am just curious

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 09:59:17 pm »
Alright, is there going to be an update for GSX for it to work with UK2000

You might have not followed the whole discussion (the title might be a bit misleading). GSX works perfectly with UK2000 right now, no problems whatsoever.

The issues manifests ONLY if you ALSO have the DIRK STUCK DESIGN set of replacement vehicles, we don't really know why it only happens at UK2000, but GSX+UK2000 it's ok, it's GSX+UK2000+DSD that doesn't work, a GSX upgrade will fix THIS specific case only, if you don't have the DSD vehicles, UK2000 works already.

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 02:44:01 am »
ah, alright, perfect

JamesChams

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 07:54:08 am »
... a GSX upgrade will fix THIS specific case only....
Virtuali,
OK, is this patch implemented via the online updater or is it another download?
... I use DSD GXT for the whole FSX World, and haven't installed it into even my test system with DSD GXT already installed; because of *fear* that I might have to reinstall the entire FSX on that system should things go "bad"; cannot promise to install it on *THE FLIGHT SYSTEM* until GSX, like ever out product that I now evaluate, is completely function with all the addons I have/that are out in the market.

Awaiting your reply...

Grazie!  :)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams