Author Topic: 737NGX and fuel truck ?  (Read 11246 times)

tjeuten

737NGX and fuel truck ?
« on: February 01, 2012, 04:54:53 pm »
Hey,

excited as hell about GSX ! Haven't had the chance to test it yet, but did read a portion of the manual...

It says about the fuel truck:

"When the Fuel truck reaches your airplane, the standard FSX Fuel page will appear,
allowing to alter your current Fuel quantity on board.
After you have made your selection and loaded the Fuel needed, the truck will return
to its parking spot, completing the Refueling process."

Now how exactly does that work with the 737 NGX ? The NGX manual clearly states that we should load the fuel from the FMC and NOT from the standard FSX fuel window.

Can anybody clarify please ?

Thanks a ton

Mathieu

johndrago

Re: 737NGX and fuel truck ?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 07:32:46 pm »
+1

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 08:38:17 pm »
Yes, I would like to know this as well.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 08:40:07 pm »
GSX just calls the default FSX Fuel page as if you selected it from the menu, if the airplane have its own custom fuel system, just close it without doing anything.

We might add a switch to disable the default fuel loader with some airplanes with an upgrade.

skypara

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 08:43:33 pm »
I noticed that when I close the default fuel page the fuel truck goes away immediately.
Where is the option to disable the FSX fuel page poping up?

WebMaximus

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 08:46:55 pm »
I was just about to ask if GSX will still work with the fuel track animation if you simply cancel the FSX fuel dialog but got my answer above, appearently that will make the GSX fuel truck go away so hopefully something can be done to avoid this with the NGX.

Haven't had the chance to try out GSX myself yet but I'm looking forward to it  :)
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 08:48:34 pm »
I noticed that when I close the default fuel page the fuel truck goes away immediately.

That's normal. The time it takes for the refueling to happen, is the amount of fuel you loaded, which is of course the difference between the total fuel you had *before* opening the page and the fuel you have *after* closing it, multiplied by a factor of seconds * gallons of fuel loaded, which is a setting that can be also customized via an .INI setting, as explained in the manual.

If you open the page and then close it, without adding any fuel, the fuel truck will go away immediately.

Where is the option to disable the FSX fuel page poping up?

As I wrote in my previous message:

We might add a switch to disable the default fuel loader with some airplanes with an upgrade.

So, it's not there yet.

skypara

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 08:51:36 pm »
Thank you sir. Will look forward for it.

ESzczesniak

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 10:54:45 pm »
I will certainly add a vote for disabling the FSX fuel menu on some aircraft.  While it's easy enough to close, some of us run in to problems opening too many menus and I'd rather not take chances.  Perhaps for aircraft where the FSX fuel menu is not used, the fuel truck could be programmemd to go through it's animation sequence and stick around for X amount of time?  Just so it looks like it's fueling.

Gerwil

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 11:02:37 pm »
+1 for a switch. Because this fuel page also resets AI and those planes next to me who just departed are back on thier spot to depart again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 11:03:08 pm »
Ok, we got it, we'll try to add it as soon as possible.

tjeuten

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 11:08:40 pm »
Thanks a ton for all your input !

Is my view on it too. For the NGX or any other plane that does not rely on the standard FSX fueling window, I think it's best to have an option so that we see the animation of the actual fueling, but without the need to go through the FSX fueling window.

Thumbs up for your openness to ideas !

ESzczesniak

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 12:17:29 am »
I've been thinking of something that would be a simple, yet elegant solution.  I'm hardly a computer programmer to know how easy this would be, but it doesn't seem like it would be bad.  Here's my thought:

Have 2 methods of fueling that can be specified based on the aircraft.  I'm thinking on the order of a 1 or 0 entered wherever the aircraft specifics are stored for GSX.

In the first state, fueling works like it currently does opening the window and asking you to enter your fuel.  In theory, this works well for the default/simple freeware crew.

In the second state, the fueling simulation assumes the aircraft is starting at 10-15% total fuel.  The exact number isn't important, but the concept is that the aircraft was brought to the gate with FAR reserve +/- some holding fuel that wasn't used in the last flight.  For all intensive purposes you could even assume empty fuel, but it would be more realistic to assume the last crew left some gas in the bird at the end of their flight.  The GSX fueling can then look at the fuel currently loaded in the aircraft in FSX (while PMDG style addons may need fuel loads set external to FSX, they all seem to correctly indicate fuel load in the FSX payload menu) and the GSX truck spends X amount of time to "fill" from the 10%ish mark to your loaded fuel state (obviously without actually adding fuel).  This would alleviate the need to open the FSX fuel dialogue menu, but would still create some "fuel load" for GSX to fill giving some X amount of time the truck would stick around.

With the if/then statements (or whatever is needed in the C++/xml code) as a base, this becomes a simple 0 or 1 to define which method is used for an aircraft and should be easiy to change to suit specific aircraft.  Just my thoughts, but seems like one of these two options would please most everyone.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:20:59 am by ESzczesniak »

luko

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 10:17:01 am »
I have following solution of this issue:

0. I set [Show "FSX Fuel and Cargo" dialog during refueling] option
1. request fuel truck
2. when truck arrives, enter new (planned) amount of fuel in FSX's dialog window
--- then fueling takes time according to gal./sec. counter -> this is only for visual advantage and delay before next procedure (which is boarding) ---
3. after this process, manually enter amount of fuel via PMDG FCDU (which is a little unrealistic, but I believe that FSDT Team will find solution ;)

I don't know is it good idea... maybe you can share better way :)

(by the way, it also involve PMDG777)

Regards,
Lucas

mgr

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 12:56:16 pm »
Hiya,

Note you replied to a almost 2 year old post...  ::) If i am not mistaken there is now a feature that you can remove the po-up from appearing. For this feature read the manual.

Kind regards,

Marcel