Author Topic: Problems with PMDG Aircraft & FSDT Scenery  (Read 3915 times)

cfeli

Problems with PMDG Aircraft & FSDT Scenery
« on: January 23, 2012, 05:59:05 pm »
I've recently been having problems with my NGX not loading properly (textures are OK but the VC will not work properly).  I've been working with PMDG support and they sent me the following:

"... Also you may want to try uninstalling the FSDT scenery as some users are reporting issues with their security software and other add ons including the NGX. ..."

I'd rather not have to give up my FSDT scenery, so is there something I can do to get these to products to work together?

Charlie Felix

theshack440

Re: Problems with PMDG Aircraft & FSDT Scenery
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 06:39:33 pm »
I would try uninstalling all of the fsdt scenery that you have. Disable the antivirus if you have one and then reinstall them. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:53:45 pm by theshack440 »
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 09:06:19 pm »
There are no problems whatsoever between our product and PMDG products, we use them together all the time, and most of our users too, nobody here reported problems with PMDG, except the general issue that, being fairly complex airplanes, using them together with a complex scenery, complex airports and complex AI traffic, you might end up exhausting your system resources, especially RAM if using a 32 bit OS.

theshack440

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 09:17:36 pm »
Yes, the NGX is very fps intense in the VC. You may simply want to crank the sliders a little to the left or reconsider using the NGX at FSDT airports (which aren't very fps heavy at all).
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

cfeli

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 05:58:18 pm »
Thanks for your input.  I'm not sure why PMDG would say that there might be conflicts with the FSDT security software.  I'll keep looking for a solution.

Charlie