Author Topic: Only Jetways at LAX  (Read 9475 times)

Capt. Brandon Bruschini

Only Jetways at LAX
« on: January 22, 2012, 04:12:49 am »
Hi Guys,
I have recently bought Flightbeams KSFO a week ago and I had everything working 'Okay'. Buildings and other 3rd party objects were showing correctly. This past week I decided to buy 3 sceneries from yuo guys. Honolulu, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. I installed LAX and aactivated it and got everyting to show just like KSFO X. But once I installed LAX and activated it. None of the buildings showed; even during the "Trial" mode. This 'LAX' scenery caused my Flightbeam scenery buildings not to show and the same with my Las Vegas and Honolulu scenery. I tried to uninstall everything but the re-install gives me an error saying I cant rewrite over certain components of the -Coutal- file. I would like some support Please. I put out 96.00USD to your company and would hope to get things up and running correctly!

Thankyou,
Brandon Bruschini

james008

Re: Only Jetways at LAX
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 06:44:28 am »
Hi,

maybe you're using an outdated version of Addon Manager;
download the newest one, v2.9, and install it after install all these airports, and verify the results;

Regards,

Marcelo Monteiro

Capt. Brandon Bruschini

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 08:20:18 am »
Hi,

maybe you're using an outdated version of Addon Manager;
download the newest one, v2.9, and install it after install all these airports, and verify the results;

Regards,

Marcelo Monteiro

Tried that! Doesn't work. I just experimented with things I uninstalled everything. ( Even though the FSDT folder is still in FSX) Then I installed KSFO X by Flightbeam  and was able to see the buildings. Then I decided to install FSX and boom no buildings or No "Cotoual" engine is showing up on top of the addon manager. I tried installing my other 2 Sceneries and that didn't go either. I hope we can find a solution here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 10:07:25 am »
Be sure you have the current version of KLAX (if you are not sure, download it again), and install that one and if still doesn't work, install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager as the last thing you do, AFTER all the sceneries.

Capt. Brandon Bruschini

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 02:59:10 pm »
Be sure you have the current version of KLAX (if you are not sure, download it again), and install that one and if still doesn't work, install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager as the last thing you do, AFTER all the sceneries.

Latest Edition; that means the updates or the installer on the product page.? I downloaded the installer from the product page. I noticed that the problem seems to be when I install an FSDT scenery the Coutal Manager disappears in the FSaddon menu which therefor causes non of the buildings to show in any of the Sceneries.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 03:43:06 pm »
Latest Edition; that means the updates or the installer on the product page.?

The Full installer.

I noticed that the problem seems to be when I install an FSDT scenery the Coutal Manager disappears in the FSaddon menu which therefor causes non of the buildings to show in any of the Sceneries.

That's not what normally happens, every scenery installer comes with everything that is needed for it to run.

As I've said, try to install the latest KLAX full installed, and then the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. If you install other sceneries, if you are not sure their installers are the most current version, reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager after finishing installing all the other sceneries.

Capt. Brandon Bruschini

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 04:19:39 pm »
Latest Edition; that means the updates or the installer on the product page.?

The Full installer.

I noticed that the problem seems to be when I install an FSDT scenery the Coutal Manager disappears in the FSaddon menu which therefor causes non of the buildings to show in any of the Sceneries.

That's not what normally happens, every scenery installer comes with everything that is needed for it to run.

As I've said, try to install the latest KLAX full installed, and then the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. If you install other sceneries, if you are not sure their installers are the most current version, reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager after finishing installing all the other sceneries.

Okay, So I uninstalled everything again. I reinstalled Flightbeam KSFO X a few minutes ago AGAIN, so I will install the latest addon manager and see what it goes to from there. Then Install KLAX, PNHL and KLAS and install the latest addon manager after each install. Does that sound like a logical try to a fix?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 05:14:39 pm »
Then Install KLAX, PNHL and KLAS and install the latest addon manager after each install. Does that sound like a logical try to a fix?

No need to install the Addon Manager at *each* install, it's enough if you install it at the end, after all the sceneries are installed IF they still don't work.

Capt. Brandon Bruschini

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 08:18:52 pm »
Then Install KLAX, PNHL and KLAS and install the latest addon manager after each install. Does that sound like a logical try to a fix?

No need to install the Addon Manager at *each* install, it's enough if you install it at the end, after all the sceneries are installed IF they still don't work.

It seems that the FSDT Sceneries aren't compatible with the Couatl File From KSFO X. I can run SFO fine, then , soon as install the FSDT Sceneries I loose the Couatl file and all the buildings on my FSDT and Flightbeam airport(s)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 08:30:27 pm »
It seems that the FSDT Sceneries aren't compatible with the Couatl File From KSFO X

It's just not possible because, we wrote the installer for KSFO, and the installer does exactly the same: it *downloads* the VERY SAME executable for Couatl.exe from the internet, from exactly the same location, which is on our server.

I can run SFO fine, then , soon as install the FSDT Sceneries I loose the Couatl file and all the buildings on my FSDT and Flightbeam airport(s)

This just can't be, because the file it's the same. The only possible explanation, is that a security software like a firewall or an antivirus, is blocking the download, so you are not getting the latest version.

- Turn the antivirus OFF during DOWNLOAD and INSTALLATION

- Before turning it back on, configure it to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

Then you can turn it back on and launch FSX normally.

The actual process of how to exclude files from scanning depends on your antivirus so, refer to its documentation how to do it.

Capt. Brandon Bruschini

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 09:38:02 pm »
I don't have an antivirus, so it's on your end.

You might have a firewall or any other security program, like anti-spyware.

Since, according to your description, the Couatl in KSFO works and the one in the FSDT sceneries don't, since this is not possible, considering there's only one version of it, and it's always downloaded online from the same URL on the same server, it's possible something is blocking the download, so you get different versions installed, because the local copy included in the installer is used instead of online one, if the download failed, and they might be different from KSFO and our installers, depending on the installer's date.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:30:34 am by virtuali »