Author Topic: KLAX ToneDown  (Read 3761 times)

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
KLAX ToneDown
« on: January 28, 2012, 05:46:29 pm »
Hello Everyone!

First, let me just say KLAX for FSX is AMAZING! The only problem I have is performance. When I use aircraft such as the QualityWings 757, the iFly 737 or even the Aerosoft Airbus X, the buildings either turn black or, most commonly, FSX performs a CTD (Crash to Desktop), and that is probably the largest performance I have seen at KLAX. Is there any way, possibly in the settings, to allow larger capacity for performance? Anyways, thank you very much and can't wait for GSX or CYVR! ;D

PS - KLAX is installed on a Windows XP computer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX ToneDown
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 06:40:23 pm »
Does it happen with default airplanes ?

The single most memory saving setting for KLAX, is to disable HD Textures, but of course it will result in a much blurred scenery, like the FS9 version.

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
Re: KLAX ToneDown
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 06:54:47 pm »
Does it happen with default airplanes ?

The single most memory saving setting for KLAX, is to disable HD Textures, but of course it will result in a much blurred scenery, like the FS9 version.

Not really as much with default airplanes. I do have HD textures forced, so I guess this is a large part of the issue. I would not mind as much having blurred textures (although I have some even with HD forced) as long as CRD's are less frequent. Thank you very much for your response! As well, I have MegaSceneryX SoCal installed. Thank you!