Author Topic: KLAX Problems  (Read 5330 times)

tubbsds

KLAX Problems
« on: January 17, 2012, 02:07:53 pm »
I have had KLAX installed and running perfectly for months.  All of the sudden something has gone wrong.  I am getting jetways only and a 5 second long studder every 15 seconds or so.  I have done every uninstall and reinstall imaginable.  I have both Addon manager and coatl. I have no antivirus issues.  I tried the simconnect.ini error reporting trick and got the attached "exceptions".  Hard to read but basically it is trying to load AISimobjects and gets an "exception=22" over and over again.  While it is doing this my sim freezes.  Then it is ok for about 5 seconds and the exceptions start again.  The only way I can make this all stop is if I uninstall KLAX.  Turning the scenery off in the scenery library doesn't even work.  I have tried everything sugested in these forums to no avail.  If you take the KLAX_OBJ.BGL out of the KLAX folder the exceptions stop by the way.  But of course I have no FSDT scenery at that point.  Any ideas?

The attachment might not be readable.  Sorry.  Basically it shows exception=22 over and over again (like maybe 100 times).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 03:14:12 pm by tubbsds »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 03:13:54 pm »
Your problem doesn't have anything to do with any of the issues reported here, since you *have* both the Couatl and Addon Manager menus, it means everything is working, all the suggestions are only relevant if you don't have one of the menus.

It seems that you have removed the KLAX folder in the Simobjects folder, reinstalling the scenery will fix this. Use the current version of the installer, not an older version you might have, if unsure, download it again.

tubbsds

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 03:18:58 pm »
I have completely unistalled everything related to KLAX and then reinstalled it with the newest version I don't know how many times (litterally maybe 20).  Unfortunately that has not worked.  I simply do not know what else to do.  It is like the airport is trying to load but those "exception=22" errors are stopping it.  Like I said I have had it loaded and working perfectly ever since it came out.  All other FSDT airports are working fine by the way. 

Any other ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 04:20:19 pm »
Since the attachement you sent is entirely blank, I can only guess. Exceptions 22 are an error code that indicates an objects being created hasn't been found, which is why I've told you to reinstall the scenery AND be sure you are using the *current* version, not an older installer you might have.

This might also caused by another product, that might have messed with your FSX.CFG, check your FSX.CFG at:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

and look for all the lines containing the following:

SimObjectPaths

And post them here, all lines containing SimObjectPaths

tubbsds

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 05:31:08 pm »
Ok so I went to your site and downloaded the latest KLAX.  Good news that fixed it.  I guess I had been reinstalling my original download from months ago and that was not working.  Thanks so much for the help. 

I just wonder what broke it in the first place?  Working fine, didn't change anything that I remember and then boom, stops working.  Oh well, at least it is fixed now.

Thanks again!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 07:49:53 pm »
You got the latest version of the Addon Manager by installing something (even KLAX itself), but that requires a KLAX version newer that what you had. You should have seen a message about having an older version of KLAX but, these messages can be suppressed by your preference, maybe that's why you missed the notification.

In fact, in my first reply, I wrote:

Use the current version of the installer, not an older version you might have, if unsure, download it again.

But since you said:

I have completely unistalled everything related to KLAX and then reinstalled it with the newest version I don't know how many times

I thought it might be something else.

tubbsds

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 10:40:59 pm »
Yeah I thought you meant the separate KLAX update file to bring it to bring it to 1.3.1.  Sorry I misunderstood what you were saying.  My bad.  And thanks again!