Author Topic: Night-Lightning  (Read 4924 times)

Wuzz

Night-Lightning
« on: January 06, 2012, 12:05:26 am »
Hello everyone!

I dont wanna be too picky. I really like the FSDT sceneries as they are probably some of the best quality scenery add-ons on the market. The only thing I kind of dislike is the night-lightning of the airports. After my fancy the best night-lightning comes with the UK2000 (xtreme) sceneries, especially their shining runway and taxi lights. In the FSDT sceneries there are many lights but they often dont shine (at least at the US Airports).

What do you think about it? Would it be possible to kind of advance towards prettier Night-Lightning?

Greeetings
Wuzz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 07:53:47 pm by virtuali »

windshear

Re: Night-Lightning
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 07:35:21 pm »
Yeah FSDreamteam now use the same technique as the extreme airports of UK2000... They just do it a liiiiitle bit better  :)
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

blk137

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 04:08:25 pm »
i thin fsdt are abit more like orbx not uk2000, uk2000 night lighting is terrible

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 09:03:36 pm »
i thin fsdt are abit more like orbx not uk2000, uk2000 night lighting is terrible

WTF???  >:( UK2000 night texture is perfect...   
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 09:49:14 pm »
From these comments, it's seems that everybody has his own idea of night textures.

In any case, since most of our sceneries are in the US, our night lighting tends to portray the more orange/reds colors due to use of the more common usage of low pressure sodium lights, compared to europe where airport lighting has a general cooler tone, more green/blueish, see Zurich for example:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/images/zurich2/lszh2_night_02.jpg

Very different compared to KLAX/KDFW, etc.

I do recall very well a trip to Seattle, looking at my airplane parked from the inside of the terminal, the apron lightning was so *deep* orange, that I even couldn't make out the colors of the airplane livery anymore! Everything lighted was totally orange, and shadows were just pitch black, no colors to be seen.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 09:53:17 pm by virtuali »