Author Topic: Impossible to apprach Kennedy...  (Read 4131 times)

FlyNext

Impossible to apprach Kennedy...
« on: January 07, 2012, 01:41:55 am »
Hey guys it was never possible for me to approach JFK on any possible runway... Everytime i come closer to the airport its still lag free @ all but like 10 miles before Touchdown my FSX just crash and says OUT OF MEMORY please lower Scenery Traffic or Global Settings... But i dont use a single add-on except REX, FSDT JFK and PMDG 737. Nothing else in this area. So i cant really belive just because of these 3 add-ons my FSX is running out of resources.

My system got the following stats:

CPU: Intel I7 2600k @ 4,6 GHz
HDD: 1x SSD for Windows only. 1x 500GB for FSX only SATA3
Graphic: ATI 6870 with 1GB VRAM
RAM: 8GB DDR3 Ram with 1600MHz
System: Windows 7 64bit

Like i said earlier i dont use any Add-ons except 3 in this area (like 200 miles to any course) and i really doubt it has something todo with PMDG or REX overdrive i have no problems @ PHNL, KLAS, KLAX etc... Just @ KJFK. My settings are not maxed @ all now i would like to know what todo... Because im getting pretty much pissed. Im using KJFK now since 5 months and it never has been possible for me to approach KJFK....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Impossible to apprach Kennedy...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 08:36:41 am »
But i dont use a single add-on except REX, FSDT JFK and PMDG 737. Nothing else in this area. So i cant really belive just because of these 3 add-ons my FSX is running out of resources.

And you call this "nothing else" ? You are running one of the most resource intensive airplane, in one of the most densest areas of the FSX world which is very demanding even in default, with a very high resolution textures addon, plus a detailed airport, it's fairly normal you will run into problems if you keep your settings too high, especially the Scenery Range. And, which kind of AI and AI settings are you using ? They count too...

Even if you have 8GB, FSX won't use more than 4 of it, because it's a 32 bit app, and 32 bit apps in a 64 bit OS can't use more than 4GB in any case.

JFK scenery doesn't have anything to do with this, nor any of the other addons you mentioned, it's the *combination* of them that doesn't work at JFK with *your* settings, because the JFK area is already very dense even without adding any addons.

It's fairly sure that, if you try to do the same with a default airplane, it will not crash, or if you lower your settings, like the message is suggesting. There are plenty of messages on all websites reporting Out of memory problems with FSX and some complex airplanes in every places, not just JFK. If you haven't experienced it anywhere else, except JFK, it doesn't mean JFK is a problem, it only means your system is enough to handle other areas with your combination of addons and settings, but not the JFK area with your combination of addons and settings, if you had a lesser system, you would have notice it at other places too, so you wouldn't be saying that it must be JFK.

ottoramsaig

• Never Forgotten
Re: Impossible to apprach Kennedy...
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 08:49:42 pm »
REX is grahic's whore by itself. I am currently running FSDreamteam KJFK, KORD/REX/Megasenery X/3 Captain Sim products/My Traffic X and my machine still maintains fraps at KJFK.  Most of my problems where solved switching from ATI to NVIDA and providing some liquid cooling also helped alot. I know you have probably heard this before but,
make sure you have Direct X/Lens Bloom OFF, you may want to also shut of the ground shadows. Reduce your road/ship and ferries traffic, theres alot of them ion the Hudson.  Turn Anti-Lasing ON. I belief I run mine on 1380X1250 or something like that. I then set my frame rate on max. If you are running REX 2.0 "read the manual". There are settings within it that must be turned down to improve perfomance.

I actually followed the advice from the forum and maxed everything out. Watched how bad it lagged and adjusted my graphic accordingly and ended up with really smooth FRAPS