Author Topic: Couatl engine failed after installing new airports  (Read 16092 times)

mikeymike

Re: Couatl engine failed after installing new airports
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 09:32:37 pm »
Ok thankyou for the reply but seems to be working fine,may i ask what does the coatl script do? if i continue to ignore the error will my fsx crash?And what would be missing from windows?Thankyou.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 09:34:00 pm »
FSX will not crash, but you won't see any of our sceneries.

mikeymike

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 09:36:12 pm »
but thats the thing the scenery is working fine which is strange, i dont understand. then i install the addon manager terminal building do not show,wierd.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 09:39:50 pm »
but thats the thing the scenery is working fine which is strange, i dont understand.

It's possible the script that crashed was one related to ParkMe or YouControl so, the scenery still shows, but these features are not working.

then i install the addon manager terminal building do not show,wierd.

As I've said, try downloading the full JFK installer again, and install that one instead of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

mikeymike

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 09:40:58 pm »
ok will do thankyou

windshear

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 12:19:53 pm »
Unfortunately I am writing to you right now, because I have the same issue.
the installer was blocked upon downloading the Zurich update.
When I chose to install it said there was no internet and that it would use the bgl which were already on the computer, what ever that means.

I found some info in the Chicago forum, but I tried to follow your advice, with no luck.

I will try again today, to download everything again with no active anti virus program... AND with the anti virus ignoring the files you suggested.

I hope it will work, because as of now my sim crashes upon accepting the addon manager and couatl dlls!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 12:23:24 pm »
I will try again today, to download everything again with no active anti virus program... AND with the anti virus ignoring the files you suggested.

That's what has been always suggested in every thread related to the antivirus, if the antivirus is the problem, you have to turn it off when downloading and installing, and exclude the relevant files before turning it back on and launching FSX for the first time after the installation.

I hope it will work, because as of now my sim crashes upon accepting the addon manager and couatl dlls!

Likely because the antivirus has blocked the download of the current version, so you have now a mixup between old and new files, which will cause FSX to quit ( not crash, a crash it's something with an error message) to desktop without any messages.

windshear

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 12:27:55 pm »
Thank you for your reply! Very fast and precise actually!
FSX simply just vanished!

So I should delete the files I downloaded, then deactivate my virus program(eset) and download the KORD and LSZH again and install, then activate my antivirus program again and start FSX?

I have had no previous problem like this with your installers! Also this is the first time ESET ever complained! I am very happy using both, until now. Why is the couatl causing so many issues now, and not in the past?

Thanks again, I really hope it helps, because I am using your airports the most!
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 01:07:51 pm »
I have had no previous problem like this with your installers! Also this is the first time ESET ever complained! I am very happy using both, until now. Why is the couatl causing so many issues now, and not in the past?

The problem isn't obviously the Couatl program, it's the antivirus that has been updated and now is mistakenly blocking it. Which is funny, because we never contacted ESET before, but last week we *did* sent a Couatl.exe sample to whitelist it.

However, we keep updating that file, so the new version might not be whitelisted, that's why it's difficult to keep the all the different antivirus makers updated from their own mistakes...so the only solution is to download and install with the antivirus off, and configure it as explained before turning it back on.

windshear

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 01:31:56 pm »
That's strange service from the antivirus companies, that white-wash by blacklisting your files :)

I got a big scare though! Hope everything works out tonight when I get back home!

All the best!
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

windshear

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2012, 10:20:08 pm »
It worked!!!

Thanks a mill!
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark