Author Topic: FSX problems  (Read 4535 times)

suvvers

FSX problems
« on: December 08, 2011, 12:45:34 pm »
Hi folks,

Hoping somebody here can help me. I had FSX working fine on my PC, Windows XP SP3, Intel dual core 2.8 Ghz, nVidia 9500GT 1gb, 4gb RAM. Recently I reinstalled windows and now I'm having some issues with FSX. I've installed it and both SP1 and SP2 ok but.....when I install add ons it has issues. When I load FS Dream Team add ons, none of the buildings are visible and in the top down view are just black, and I can't see the add on manager. AES will recognise FSX and the installed airports but when I try to configure anything in AES it says Disconnected and to start FS even though it's already running. My PMDG planes are not working, both the 747-400X and the 737 NGX (the 747 everything is clickable but nothing happens, on the 737NGX none of the switches/buttons etc are clickable. Other sceneries, such as the UK2000 Xtreme sceneries and the Megascenery X packages are working fine. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the service packs and FSX itself, and I have tried using flight1s registry cleaner to no effect. Some people have said that it is a simconnect issue so I have tried running the SDK folder on the FSX disk and still got nowhere. I can't see the simconnect .dll files in any of the flight sim folders but then I'm not sure where to look for them. I have the most recent version of FSUIPC 4. Please can anybody help me?

Cheers
Steve

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX problems
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 04:04:58 pm »
From your description, the most likely issue is that you have Simconnect not working properly.

There are 3 different Simconnect versions (RTM, SP1, SP2/XPack) that will be installed on a properly installed FSX.

Some products requires a specific version to work so, for example, FSUIPC (which works with any version) works, but our sceneries, PMDG airplanes and AES do not, probably because they all require the SP2/Xpack, which is likely the one that isn't working on your system.

You might try removing all the Simconnect folders in the Windows\WinSxS folder, then do a REPAIR of FSX, the SP1 and the SP2/Acceleration.

suvvers

Re: FSX problems
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 03:42:03 pm »
Issue resolved.  I bought a new copy of FSX with Acceleration and it's installed no problem, everything is working and connecting to FSX fine now.  I can only assume that it was either a damaged dvd or corrupt copy of either SP1 or SP2.  Thanks to all who offered help or suggestions.

Steve