Author Topic: When will Cloud 9 (FSDT) KLAX be supported by AES?  (Read 6331 times)

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
When will Cloud 9 (FSDT) KLAX be supported by AES?
« on: December 08, 2011, 02:01:21 am »
Hi guys.  Im just wondering when you guys will make KLAX able to be supported.  Are you guys already working on it or did you send the scenery off to Aerosoft?
Cosmos II super twr / Asus Maximus X Hero / Intel I7 8800K 4.0GHz (OCed to 4.8GHz) / Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 3000MHz / 2x Nvidia Zotac 4060TIs 8GB / Corsair AX1200I  / Samsung 2TB OS SSD / WD HDDs: 40TBs total / Windows 10 Home 64bit / **P3Dv4 user** / *Aircraft Fueler @ MSP* *Aviation geek*

ESzczesniak

Re: When will Cloud 9 (FSDT) KLAX be supported by AES?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 02:24:09 am »
As has already be discussed, it will not be supported by AES.  The Cloud9 KLAX is very old and while FSDT supports Cloud9 products now, they are not expanding them (i.e. adding AES support).  The new version of KLAX made by FSDT will support FSDT's GSX, but seeing as GSX does everything AES does except adding jetway animation (which is already included in the new KLAX via FSX native jetways), they will not add AES support.  After all, AES is going to essentially be a direct competitor of GSX except that GSX is using much newer and therefore nicer graphics.

coryb13

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 03:00:28 am »
well i paid for KLAX (the new one) and now i want my money back.  I demand a refund FSDT.  Il deactivate it and delete it.  I dont want any payware airports without AES.  

First of all, it was never stated that the new version of KLAX will not have AES. I recall it was clearly stated that it will get AES for the FS9 version if the FS9 version happened, which obviously it did. (I don't know where you got your information ESzczesniak...). I believe it was also very confusing that you referenced it as Cloud 9 scenery. Cloud 9 is gone and has been from some time...they are part of FSDT and FSDT is never referenced as Cloud 9. Very different from each other...

Second, you cannot suddenly throw a tantrum because of one feature and demand a refund. There's a really neat thing called a features list when you buy a product so you know exactly what you are getting. Check is out for LAX: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_klax.html. It is never stated on there that it includes AES. Therefore, It is not that FSDT didn't deliver what they said they would, but rather that you were not aware of exactly what you were buying. This is definitely on you man...

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 03:05:50 am »
Man.  Your just as annoying as the people at my school.  Im not on a tanturm.  Im just aggitated.  If the KLAX V2 will be supported then i dont want my money back.  Il wait for it.  But if it wont il talk to S.A.S software and have them give me a refund.  This past week ive been irritated with FSDT for several reasons which im not going to mention.
Cosmos II super twr / Asus Maximus X Hero / Intel I7 8800K 4.0GHz (OCed to 4.8GHz) / Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 3000MHz / 2x Nvidia Zotac 4060TIs 8GB / Corsair AX1200I  / Samsung 2TB OS SSD / WD HDDs: 40TBs total / Windows 10 Home 64bit / **P3Dv4 user** / *Aircraft Fueler @ MSP* *Aviation geek*

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 03:50:25 am »
Man.  Your just as annoying as the people at my school.  Im not on a tanturm.  Im just aggitated.  If the KLAX V2 will be supported then i dont want my money back.  Il wait for it.  But if it wont il talk to S.A.S software and have them give me a refund.  This past week ive been irritated with FSDT for several reasons which im not going to mention.

Dude. Chill out. It's getting AES's simple searches here and in the AES forum confirm this even from Umberto himself. Relax.

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 04:03:51 am »
alright.  Il guess il keep it then.  But its not like i fly there....  Right now im using KLAS Las Vegas for all my flights out of the area in that part.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 05:10:13 am »
alright.  Il guess il keep it then.  But its not like i fly there....  Right now im using KLAS Las Vegas for all my flights out of the area in that part.

For me it's not so much about flying in or out of the area but flying around the area. We have KLAX, KLAS, KSFO and soon to be KPHX. These are all airports within a 45 minute flight from each other which makes flying in this area fun for me when I do my Southwest hopps. And I live in the region too... And on most days all I have is 45 min to an hour anyway... I bought KLAX too but don't use it yet because I am too waiting for AES.  ;D

I didn't even use my FB KSFO untill yesterday because AES just came out for that. I made an up to date AFCAD for FB KSFO if anyone needs it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 05:13:43 am by newmanix »

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 05:25:20 am »
Well i live in the Midwest, up in Minnesota.  I love KLAS because i actually went there this summer and ive got to say, FSDT's KLAS is basically the real thing.  They've set it up so you can land on 25R and 25L or land on 19L while 19R is only takeoff.  Most of the time 25R and 25L are active just as much as 19R and 19L.  I love that they made ATC in FS9 do this.