Author Topic: FSX Addonmanager doesn't display  (Read 11725 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Addonmanager doesn't display
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 12:55:27 pm »
8.16315 DLL Failed to load. Check for missing dependencies.
8.16334 DLL Load Failed:  Error=-3  Path="bglmanx.dll"

That's to be expected, it probably can't find the VC++ runtimes. The KORD version uses an older version, which apparently is correctly installed on your system.

As I said the only difference from your instructions is the fact that I had to install the x64 versions of the redistributables, other that I doing everything as instructed.

You should remove and install the 32 bit runtimes, since these are all 32 bit applications. From the MS site:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=21254

The Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x64) installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run 64-bit applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2005 installed.

Denthibbe

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 01:15:12 pm »
Whenever I try to install an x86 redistributable I get the error message (attach to this post)
I assumed that this means I cannot install it on a 64bit OS ? (but I am quietly starting to fear you will tell me otherwise... ;p )

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 01:24:25 pm »
Whenever I try to install an x86 redistributable I get the error message (attach to this post)I assumed that this means I cannot install it on a 64bit OS ? (but I am quietly starting to fear you will tell me otherwise... ;p )

I'm afraid I'll have to confirm your fears...the 32 bit runtimes can be installed normally on a 64 bit OS, that message doesn't say the installer is not correct for your OS but, instead, is indicating something wrong with your Windows installation, which is probably the cause why the Addon Manager linked with the latest libraries doesn't work.

Some possible solutions here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/is/vssetup/thread/55eb3279-e3fb-41db-bd7c-f3100ba4f7bf

Denthibbe

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 01:46:44 pm »
owkay,

- First thing do to for me now is apologizing for my first post telling that the standalone file was missing something : done
- Secondly, thank you so much for your time helping me to solve that issue : done

P.S.: just bought KDFW and it looks amazing. (L.A. will probably follow very soon...)

Bye for now,

Thibault Dosunmu

albix

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 10:53:05 am »
Hello,
got same problem here. I had FSDT scenery working perfectly and after having updated to the last version of Addonmanager it doesn't display anymore in Addons and scenery are not showing.
The problem is that if I disinstall Addonmanager and reinstall an old scenery (with old version of Addonmanager) it displays correctly but says that is an outdated version and requests to be updated with new one. If updated it disappears again.
Are you sure that there is anything wrong with file itself?
Many thanks and best regards.

Alberto

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 11:03:34 am »
This indicates you have a problem with your Visual c++ installed runtimes. Try to redownload and install the full version of the scenery.

albix

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 11:35:55 am »
This indicates you have a problem with your Visual c++ installed runtimes. Try to redownload and install the full version of the scenery.

Right! Downloaded, reinstalled and working again now.
Thank you.

Alberto