Author Topic: FSX Addonmanager doesn't display  (Read 11724 times)

jc880

FSX Addonmanager doesn't display
« on: November 28, 2011, 02:10:25 pm »

I did a search on this and found too many hits.  I've installed KJFK, KLAX, KDFW, and KORD in both FS9 and FSX. FS9 everything shows up fine.  In FSX neither the addon manager nor the scenery proper shows up, although I do get vehicle movements.  What am I
missing as I suspect it's probably obvious.

Thanks,
Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Addonmanager doesn't display
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 04:46:56 pm »
Try this:

- Download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX.

If it still doesn't work, try this:

- If you installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, Uninstall it.

- Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check FSX starts correctly, and you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

jc880

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 02:12:46 pm »

I did all of the above, but still no go.  I changed my anti-virus (microsoft essentials)
to exclude the above files.  I also unchecked the monitoring of current files.
I uninstalled addon manager. Then re-installed it checking that it was the FSX version.
Still no go.  I then uninstalled the FSD sceneries followed by uninstalling FSX.  I then
re-installed FSX and restored my FSX.CFG file folder. FSX came up fine. I then installed
the addon manager for FSX (all still with the anti-virus turned off.)  When I brought up
FSX I was prompted for accepting both couatl and addon manager to which I replied yes.
Still FSX did not show them.

I then un-installed the addon manager.  I installed KDFW. When I start FSX I am again
prompted to accept couatl and addon manager which I reply yes to.  Still, addon manager
does not appear and the scenery only displays the gates, no buildings.

I then re-installed addon manager but still no display in FSX.  I'm at a loss as to what the
problem is. FS9 shows them fine.

I then installed KLAX and during the installation received the warning that HD textures were
not set in my FSX config file.  How does one do that?

--Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 02:25:48 pm »
Try to activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode:

Open notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell you what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.

Only the first few lines are important: if the windows scrolls too fast, you can use the "Pause" key on the keyboard to pause the scrolling. Post here only the first 10 lines or so of the diagnostic, but it's important you post the first 10 lines.

jc880

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 03:57:54 pm »
0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

9.84670 Exe Launch Failed: GetLastError=0x000036B1 Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe" CommandLine=""
11.55636 Exe Launched: Path="C:\Utilities\Autothumbnail.exe" CommandLine="" Version="1.0.4.0"
13.27831 DLL Failed to load. Check for missing dependencies.
13.27839 DLL Load Failed: Error=-3 Path="bglmanx.dll"
14.07686 DLL Loaded: Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll" Version="4.7.2.8"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 06:19:06 pm »
13.27831 DLL Failed to load. Check for missing dependencies.
13.27839 DLL Load Failed: Error=-3 Path="bglmanx.dll"

Ok, this indicates you have a problem with the MS Visual C++ runtimes which are missing or corrupted.

Can you please try to download and install the Stand Alone Addon Manager again (yes, download it again, there's an updated version online now), without touching anything else ?

jc880

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 08:27:14 pm »
I downloaded the current FSX addon manager.
Uninstalled the existing FSX addon manager.
Installed the newly downloaded one.

SimConnect display was exactly the same as before.
I don't think I mentioned it, but I'm running XP Pro 32bit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 09:26:00 pm »
Have you been asked permission to run the new one ?

jc880

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 11:24:55 pm »
Yes, and those simconnect errors appeared right after I responded yes.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 11:48:28 pm »
Ok, this indicates you have a problem with the MS Visual C++ runtimes which are missing or corrupted.

- Go in the Windows control panel, and Uninstall ALL the istances of the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable runtimes. You might have more than one version: remove them all.

- Then, after removing everything related to VS2005, reinstall again these 3 files:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:26:56 pm by virtuali »

jc880

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 12:25:45 am »
Uninstalled two instances.
Installed the above in the order given.
My control panel shows one instance of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

SimmConnect shows same exact errors right after reply yes to validate prompt.
This is looking more and more like a problem with my XP SP3 installation wouldn't
you think?

--Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 01:58:56 pm »
Sent you a PM, would like to have a look in your system directly.

Denthibbe

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 12:10:04 pm »
Hello,

I am facing that same problem of the Addon Manager option not showing up in FSX.
I think there is definitely something wrong with the latest version of the standalone addon manager file because when I reinstall KORD v2 scenery (which includes the reinstallation of the addon manager) the option reappears ingame (after I delete the lines from my trusted publishers in de fsx.cfg file and get the question wether to accept or not at launch)

hope this information can help.

Thibault Dosunmu

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 12:20:52 pm »
I think there is definitely something wrong with the latest version of the standalone addon manager file because when I reinstall KORD v2 scenery (which includes the reinstallation of the addon manager) the option reappears ingame (after I delete the lines from my trusted publishers in de fsx.cfg file and get the question wether to accept or not at launch)

There's nothing wrong with the Addon Manager installer, jc880 problem wasn't related at all with it, he had Simconnect itself not working in fact, he had no "Addons" menu at all in FSX, so no module worked, not just the Addon Manager.

And no, the version included in the Stand-Alone installer and the one included with KORD are both the latest version, but are not 100% identical, one is linked using a newer version of the VC++ runtimes, hoping that at least one version would work on any user's system.

In your case, it seems the newest version of the VC++ runtimes has a problem on your system. Of course, the Stand-Alone Addon Manager comes with the correct version of the runtimes and install it using the official MS installer, but that one doesn't always seem to be able to fix any problem.

You can try the suggestion already given here:

- Go in the Windows control panel, and Uninstall ALL the istances of the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable runtimes. You might have more than one version: remove them all.

- Then, after removing everything related to VS2005, reinstall again these 3 files:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

AFTER installing all the runtimes, it could be useful running Windows Update and update everything, including the optional downloads.

But, in any case, if installing KORD works for you, it should't be a problem, apart for the different dependency, the Addon Manager that comes with KORD IS the current and latest version, and the KORD installer is brand new, so it's includes also the latest support files that normally come only with the Stand-Alone installer.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:26:29 pm by virtuali »

Denthibbe

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 12:48:05 pm »
Thanks for your quick answer. Yes I was supposing that the KORD installer being recent it would provide with the latest version of the addon manager. Therefor I don't really mind the fact that the standalone version is not giving me the result I need.

I read the whole post and did all the instructions you gave allready (the only difference being that I'm using the 64bit versions of those redistributables, do you reckon that could play a role?)

Anyway when I uninstall/reinstall the standalone version I'm getting these results :

4.06087 Exe Launched:  Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe"  CommandLine=""  Ver
sion="2.0.0.2247"
8.16315 DLL Failed to load. Check for missing dependencies.
8.16334 DLL Load Failed:  Error=-3  Path="bglmanx.dll"

I reinstall the KORD scenery and remove the 2 lines out of my trusted section in the fsx.cfg (no uninstall made here) :

4.06087 Exe Launched:  Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe"  CommandLine=""  Ver
sion="2.0.0.2247"
6.39896 DLL loaded: Path="bglmanx.dll"  Version="2.8.1.1"

As I said the only difference from your instructions is the fact that I had to install the x64 versions of the redistributables, other that I doing everything as intructed.

Anyway it works in the end so no sweat ;p