Author Topic: Addon Manager Update Fails  (Read 2884 times)

sddjd

Addon Manager Update Fails
« on: November 10, 2011, 03:25:01 am »
Trying repeatedly to run the Addon 2.8.0.10 manager update:

alut.dll
_controls_.pyd
_core_.pyd
_gdi_.pyd
_misc_.pyd
_windows.pyd

constantly cause errors, stating "access is denied".  Now, I know all about permissions, virus scanners, etc (build pc's).  I've rebooted, checked all processes, etc.  No change.

Now, aside from this annoyance, I have to say that I have little enough time to sim, and to fire up FSX HNL only to see that my registered scenery has been disabled pending an uninvited update is more than disappointing.

IMO to reach into our pc's and disable a scenery rightfully purchased and installed until a buggy update is completed is just not acceptable...  :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager Update Fails
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 10:42:24 am »
constantly cause errors, stating "access is denied".  Now, I know all about permissions, virus scanners, etc (build pc's).  I've rebooted, checked all processes, etc.  No change.

This error is due because you were trying to run the scenery or the Addon Manager installer when FSX wasn't closed, or was in the process of closing itself so, the installer couldn't get access to overwrite files opened by it.

It will SURELY be fixed if you reboot Windows and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager without trying to launch FSX or, if you launched FSX anyway, be sure that FSX is really closed (maybe wait a bit after its icon has disappeared) before running the installer.