Author Topic: jetway problem  (Read 2955 times)

jlencki

jetway problem
« on: November 14, 2011, 04:13:10 am »
When I approach fsdt airports in fsx the jetways don't appear until I land. (they pop up as I am landing) I have experimented with the addon manager however I still get this problem. Are there any tweaks that I can do so they will appear at a further distance. (I have a 2600k oc 4.4 nividia 570)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: jetway problem
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 10:39:55 am »
The Addon Manager doesn't have anything to do with this, because jetways are handled by FSX itself, it's basically the only thing in the scenery that the Addon Manager doesn't cover (which is why, it's the only thing left when the Trial time expires)

What you are seeing, is likely LOD optimization, jetways are made by different models in progressively less number of polygons, and the last LOD level doesn't have any polygons at all. It's an obvious frame optimization, it's made on purpose, and it's not possible to change it without recompiling the models and scenery.

We think the levels are appropriate but, you might see different results and earlier switches, if you fly with too wide zoom settings, since the LOD levels are affected by the zoom level. Flying at realistic zoom levels at around 0.70-0.75, should give normal results.