Author Topic: Speed Hold Switch?  (Read 8152 times)

idahosurge

Speed Hold Switch?
« on: March 16, 2008, 04:52:34 pm »
Is there a way to hold a certain speed with the autopilot?  I can not see a way, but when I was messing around setting a heading and altitude my throttle seemed to get locked up and I could not figure out how to unlock it, I finally got it unlocked, but have not idea what I did to get the throttle unlocked.

This also seems to happen with altitude, I set a heading and then the altitude gets locked without pushing the altitude hold button.  After turning everthing in AP mode off and then AP on/off a couple of times it finally gets the altitude unlocked.

Regards,

Rod

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
Re: Speed Hold Switch?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 07:05:10 pm »
Ctrl R locks the speed  :)

or you can add a 737 autopilot to your panel.cfg, but then you'll have to copy the B737_800.cab file under the 737 folder to your main gauges folder

Window04=Autopilot

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window04]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=463,90
position=8
visible=0
ident=AUTOPILOT
window_size= 0.500
no_luminous=1

gauge00=B737_800!autopilot,  0,0
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 07:11:05 pm by fael097 »

crim3

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 08:35:50 am »
This also seems to happen with altitude, I set a heading and then the altitude gets locked without pushing the altitude hold button.  After turning everthing in AP mode off and then AP on/off a couple of times it finally gets the altitude unlocked.
I have also noticed this behaviour. Same happens if pushed altitude hold. Heading gets locked without touching it. It's quiet annoying :/

idahosurge

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 08:15:42 pm »
Glad to see that I am not the only one that has encountered the problem(s).

Rod

deltaleader

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 01:44:17 pm »
I have also noticed this behaviour. Same happens if pushed altitude hold. Heading gets locked without touching it. It's quiet annoying :/

I am with you guys, very annoying.  But for now, as mentioned, the workaround is turning the AP off and then set the altitude hold.
ex-Private Pilot, life long Flight Simmer...can't really tell you about my other hobbies...

Andy

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 10:20:25 am »
I have added with Editot in Panel.cfg

// Panel Configuration file
[Window Titles]
 Window04=autopilot
 and
[Window04]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,128
window_size_ratio=1.000 
position=7
visible=0
ident=10

gauge00=737-400!Autopilot,  1,2,507,130

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 11:45:12 am »
This also seems to happen with altitude, I set a heading and then the altitude gets locked without pushing the altitude hold button

This is how the real airplane works. And was explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=20.0

It's important to note that, opposite to any civilian A/P, the F/A-18 A/P has been designed for speed of operation, not safety or passengers comfort. This means, there's no "preselection" of modes: when an A/P mode is selected, it will immediately engage and it will also turn on the A/P, if not already engaged. Of course, you can always manually turn on/off the A/P, by using the ON/OFF button when in Autopilot Mode.

After turning everthing in AP mode off and then AP on/off a couple of times it finally gets the altitude unlocked.

Not "a couple of times", just one press is needed to turn AP off.

If have AP off, as soon as you go into BALT mode, it will automatically engage BOTH AP and Altitude Lock, as explained above, and subsequent presses of the AP button, you turn ONLY the AP off and on, but the altitude lock will still be there UNLESS, you select another altitude mode, so, the next time you press BALT, it will again select BOTH altitude lock AND AP, this time with the Altitude lock set at the altitude you were at, when pressing the button the second time.

crim3

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 07:18:09 pm »
Ok, I see. I was thinking that the A/P button was like a submenu selection button hence the mistake. Thx for the info.