Author Topic: AI Parking Radius  (Read 6780 times)

jackhendricks

AI Parking Radius
« on: September 24, 2011, 07:49:13 pm »
I recently purchased your LAX scenery and it is fantastic. However I went to edit your AFCAD using ADE's program for FSX and I set the parking radius on small, medium, heavy gates correctly etc... But Ive noticed that the AI still dont park in the appropriate gates. For example, I'll have United 747's parking at United A320 size gates and vice versa. This Isn't the only scenery I'm having the same problem with, ever since I have switched over to FSX from FS9 its happened everywhere. What I use to do in FS9 is, I would you AFCAD 2.21 to edit my AFCADS and they also had a tool that I would ues to edit the parking radius's of my AI, and everything worked like a charm. But now in FSX, not so much. Any suggestions on how to fix this? PLEASE HELP!
Thanks
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 08:15:13 pm by jackhendricks »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AI Parking Radius
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 07:52:22 pm »
There's nothing to "fix", it's just that in FSX there are more variables other than just the parking radius (as it used to be in FS9) to control parking assignments: there are the airline codes, the atc parking codes, etc. It's really best if you try to follow one of the AFCAD tutorials out there, specific for FSX.

global express

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 11:43:08 pm »
FSX is exactly the same as FS9 in this regard.

Jackhendricks - one tip I have on airline parking: order the parking list and sort it by size (smallest at the top, largest at the bottom). This ensures that AI will always choose the smallest radius parking spot, so A320s will always keep out of 747 spots, assuming there are A320 size spots available.

Johan

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 01:22:45 am »

Jackhendricks - one tip I have on airline parking: order the parking list and sort it by size (smallest at the top, largest at the bottom). This ensures that AI will always choose the smallest radius parking spot, so A320s will always keep out of 747 spots, assuming there are A320 size spots available.

Which file do you edit to do this?
Thank you,

Johan

global express

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 09:23:38 am »
I'm not sure, as I don't have this scenery yet. Look out for a file named "AF2_KLAX.bgl" that should be it.

data63

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 08:57:16 am »

According to the "choose parking" logics that are discussed in several forums an arriving plane will always choose the smalles available parking spot with it's airline code (if available) so there should be no need to sort small to large.
Most important is the airline parking code (and that's the hard work to do in "optimizing parking   ;) )

Happy Landings

Juergen

global express

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 10:55:32 am »
According to the "choose parking" logics that are discussed in several forums an arriving plane will always choose the smalles available parking spot with it's airline code (if available) so there should be no need to sort small to large.
Most important is the airline parking code (and that's the hard work to do in "optimizing parking   ;) )

Happy Landings

Juergen

Unfortunately that is not the case, in my sim at least.