Author Topic: multiple jetways in fsx  (Read 6427 times)

5mokin

multiple jetways in fsx
« on: September 26, 2011, 03:29:22 pm »
hi,
i have purchased the kjfk airport and it looks like there are multiple jetways,(addon manager up to date)for the want of a better explanation it looks like the default fsx jetways and the fsdt ones show together:

http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm382/smokin_thumz/Untitled.jpg

in addition when i get to the runway i get this:
http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm382/smokin_thumz/Untitled-1.jpg it shows two runway numbering "32"

i have Googled it and a few said "excludeLibraryObjects = "TRUE" works but i thought id get expert advice

regards
lee

i have also the kord and that seems fine!!!

« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 04:07:55 pm by 5mokin »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: multiple jetways in fsx
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 05:31:49 pm »
In general, whenever you see something that looks wrong or with double buildings or default objects showing, check first for another AFCAD in conflict, they usually come with AI traffic package as well as other sceneries.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to find AFCAD duplicates and remove them.

5mokin

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 09:13:09 pm »
In general, whenever you see something that looks wrong or with double buildings or default objects showing, check first for another AFCAD in conflict, they usually come with AI traffic package as well as other sceneries.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to find AFCAD duplicates and remove them.

many thanks for the reply,did that and no errors found(i did the scenery cfg from the roaming folder was that right?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 09:33:38 pm »
The scanner will not label duplicates as errors, just as duplicates. And, it will only look for AFCAD files, which are only the most common cause of double objects, but is not the only one.

If it's not a double AFCAD, it can be a regular .BGL from another old scenery that you might have forgotten to remove. But in this case, you need to search for it manually.

5mokin

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 12:46:23 am »
Hi Guys,thanks for the reply,i ran that scruffyduck prog and got no duplicates but the problem was sorted when i un-installed just flight traffic,
now in an ideal world i would like to use together as i like the traffic prog,is there anyway around this as it seems the prob is with the traffic prog?

regards
lee

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 12:53:05 am »
It strange that the Airport Scanner wouldn't find .BGL installed by AI Traffic packages, because they ARE AFCADs!

I'm not familiar with Traffic X but, maybe, if it *replaces* default AFCADs, it's possible they won't be flagged as duplicates.

In that case, your only option is to find the relevant file and manually remove it or, better, restore the MS default. The AI *WILL* work just fine using our own AFCAD, but having a modified AFCAD, but based on the default one, will create all sort of issues like double objects, default buildings popping out etc.