Author Topic: NGX KLAXv2 out of memory  (Read 15574 times)

WilliamJSS

Re: NGX KLAXv2 out of memory
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 06:15:30 am »
At what autogen setting does KLAX start to loose objects?
Cause right now, I am at Very Dense...and can deal with it...but if I wanted to make a video...and turn it down to Dense or Normal...would I loose airport objects or are they hard coded in?

Thanks...and sorry to jump on the thread..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 11:34:21 am »
At what autogen setting does KLAX start to loose objects?

The autogen density only affect the Autogen, KLAX objects are affected by Scenery Complexity as they should, but I believe that at Very Dense they already all in.

WilliamJSS

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 04:27:54 pm »
Thank you. I also just tried it a Dense, and really didn't notice any difference either except faster rendering. But then again, I didn't really test all areas.

Great work!

cowings1588

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 11:10:15 pm »
Windows 7 64 bit

Intel Core i5

8 GB Ram

1 TB Hard Drive

Airbus X from Aerosoft

Active Sky 2012

REX

On Final, the game cuts off & says you ran out of memory, restart FSX   :(  I was just about to land too...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok after trying it again last night, I did get the out memory error again but this time it atleast let me land & its when I was taxing to the gate that I got it last night.. I still don't understand though, I flew to KPHX Flightbeam the other day thats loaded with HD & never got that message & never have had any problems with any other airports so far from FSDT but what is it about LAX thats giving my pc such a fit.. If thats the case what Virtualli is talking about with the HD stuff than I would of thought I would of gotten something at PHX too but I never did that or I completely lucked out that day I flew there...

I am able to take off from LAX no problem, Atleast I did the other day with no issues & has kept my settings the same & haven't changed them at all... I think its just a minor bug issue at LAX to tell you the truth because have had no issues at LAX or KPHX which is made of HD quality. Something is telling me there is just a small glitch at KLAX because like I said it let me land last night & start to taxi, I didn't even get that far the other night.. It was on final approach the other night when I flew into LAX that I got the out memory error & last night it let me land & taxi before it cut me off.. That sounds like a small glitch too me..
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 04:29:16 am by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2012, 11:25:27 am »
KLAX doesn't have anything to to with this, except for the fact that, such a large airport with so many parking spots all very close together (so there's a lot) is able to attract a lot of AIs.

And, HD textures in KLAX DO NOT take more memory than an normal scenery, because they are not used to increase resolution to what it would otherwise be if it used regular textures, but to gain speed, because there are 16x less of them comparing to, say, KDFW, which means the overall memory usage of HD textures is the same as if the scenery used many 1024x1024 textures instead of few 4096x4096.

REX, instead, use 4096x4096 textures for clouds to INCREASE quality so, of course, they take more memory.

Your settings are simply too high, lower them OR use DirectX 10 (KLAX is compatible with it), which takes less memory compared to DirectX 9.

OmniAtlas

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2012, 01:01:46 pm »
Google 'kosta memory fix'

You need the reg file memory patch by ms. 

XCLTM3

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 09:43:05 pm »
Windows 7 64 bit

Intel Core i5

8 GB Ram

1 TB Hard Drive

Airbus X from Aerosoft

Active Sky 2012

REX

On Final, the game cuts off & says you ran out of memory, restart FSX   :(  I was just about to land too...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok after trying it again last night, I did get the out memory error again but this time it atleast let me land & its when I was taxing to the gate that I got it last night.. I still don't understand though, I flew to KPHX Flightbeam the other day thats loaded with HD & never got that message & never have had any problems with any other airports so far from FSDT but what is it about LAX thats giving my pc such a fit.. If thats the case what Virtualli is talking about with the HD stuff than I would of thought I would of gotten something at PHX too but I never did that or I completely lucked out that day I flew there...

I am able to take off from LAX no problem, Atleast I did the other day with no issues & has kept my settings the same & haven't changed them at all... I think its just a minor bug issue at LAX to tell you the truth because have had no issues at LAX or KPHX which is made of HD quality. Something is telling me there is just a small glitch at KLAX because like I said it let me land last night & start to taxi, I didn't even get that far the other night.. It was on final approach the other night when I flew into LAX that I got the out memory error & last night it let me land & taxi before it cut me off.. That sounds like a small glitch too me..

Also, give this a whirl. I'm currently testing it and can say thus far all seems good. More testing to do, but initially it seems to assist greatly.

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

It's been created by a computer whiz named Daniel. You can also shoot off an email to him with any questions. Good luck with it!

Rgds,

Steve
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2012, 09:48:35 pm »
http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

It's been created by a computer whiz named Daniel. You can also shoot off an email to him with any questions. Good luck with it!

This patcher doesn't do anything on FSX, it was needed for FS9, because FS9 wasn't compiled with the /LARGADDRESSAWARE flag, so it was limited to see 2GB only without this patch.

FSX with the SP2 or Acceleration is already flagged as such, so that patch doesn't do anything.