Author Topic: The addon "" is out-dated error.  (Read 3734 times)

ewerber

The addon "" is out-dated error.
« on: September 23, 2011, 10:57:04 pm »
I have updated my Addon manager and now no scenery by FSDT will work anymore.
every time I select a scenery by FSDT I get the message:
"The addon "Some addon name" is out-dated please download and install the lastest Stand-Alone addon manager"
need less to say I have done this and re downloaded your airports i have and still the message repeats.

my bglmanx.dll version is 2.8.0.8
and Couatl.exe is 2.0.2193

Couatl error log is empty.

any help would be appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The addon "" is out-dated error.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 11:04:18 pm »
please download and install the lastest Stand-Alone addon manager"

need less to say I have done this and re downloaded your airports i have and still the message repeats.

The message said to download the lastest Stand-Alone addon manager, there wasn't any need to download all the sceneries.

It's very likely the problem it's caused by your browser that played a trick on you, and has cached the Addon Manager installer so, you are still getting the previous version which was released with KLAX 1.0

bglmanx.dll version is 2.8.0.8

That doesn't count, the .dll can't be outdated, because every installed (even the old ones) get it online automatically, and they are not tricked by the browser cache so, it's not possible to get an outdated .dll by mistake.

However, in this case you need the whole Stand-Alone Addon Manager INSTALLER to be 2.8.0.8 so, be sure you have that one (you probably haven't, otherwise you wouldn't see that message), and not the previous version.

Clearing the browser cache before downloading should fix the issue.

ewerber

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 11:05:49 pm »
Update:

just copied my older bglmanx.dll with version 2.8.0.7 and now no error message and all FSDT sceneries work again.

my mistake, not working, ill try to re download the stand alone manager again.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:07:44 pm by ewerber »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 11:07:02 pm »
just copied my older bglmanx.dll with version 2.8.0.7 and now no error message and all FSDT sceneries work again.

Not a solution, because they will stop working again the next time you install something. The correct solution is to be sure you have installed the full 2.8.0.8 Addon Manager using the 2.8.0.8 installer, which should be obtained by downloading the current installer, perhaps after clearing your browser cache before downloading.

ewerber

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 11:19:03 pm »
Thank you very much for your help Umberto you're the best!