Author Topic: FA-18 Sludge host cancelled  (Read 6621 times)

lvflyer

FA-18 Sludge host cancelled
« on: June 05, 2011, 09:01:08 pm »
Every time me and my guys use the sludge on my multiplayer host server we get disconnected saying the host cancelled the session.  There is no error or indication on the host server that would indicate any problems.  We have tested this extensively and all other aircraft work fine, including the stock F18.  We are using Ver. 1.2.  We have narrowed it down to the blackbox.cab.  If we temporarily delete the blackbox.cab we no longer get disconnected.  What is the balckbox for and what inside it may be causing the issue?

UPDATE:  I remarked out all of the uses of the blackbox.cab in the panel.cfg one by one and wsa not able to stop the disconnects.  I'm lost.  Don't know where to look next.

Update:  Just tried it with new integrator and same problem.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:10:01 pm by lvflyer »

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: FA-18 Sludge host cancelled
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 01:34:17 am »
LVFlyer...

Just got on and saw your post.  Let me get working on this right now.  I've been kicked from multiplayer servers on FSX gamespy before, but its been very intermittent and I'm not sure why you're getting kicked soo frequently.

I'll try to recreate your happenings first and  and see what the problem(s) could be.  Not sure if its something that the BlackBox.cab is pulling or whatnot.  Thanks for the update.

Oh, BTW, can you send me the FULL DETAILS of what happens when you get kicked?  Meaning, the whole rundown of your setup (OS, FSX version, all add-ons), as that might give me more insight as to what is happening.

Later
Sludge

lvflyer

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 02:10:48 am »
Thanks for responding.  What all do you need to know?

Server used for hosting is using XP Pro and has had no issues with up to 15 players on it at one time, including special bomb effects we have created.

It has Acceleration on it.

The error message says that you have been disconnected from the server because the host cancelled the session or something like that.

It only happens with Sludge modified airframes.

Connection is either direct IP or Wippien.  I hate Gamespy and stopped using it for anything.  Both ways of connecting will disconnect at various times, but usually within 2 minutes of connection.  I also experienced disconnect not using the server and hosting on my computer with another guy that had sludge.  He reported, however that he and another guy connected direct without issue, but he also reported that same guy and him on my server got disconnected.

The server is in another location on a different internet account then where I fly.  It is located at place of business on Comcast Business account and I have Comcast here at home.  I have remote access to server and all otehr computers from home.

I tried to narrow it down by replacing panel folder with stock panel folder and it did not disconnect then I restored the original panel folder it disconnected then deleted the blackbox.cab and it did not disconnect.  I restored the blackbox.cab and it disconnected.  I then tried to narrow it down further by commenting each instance of blackbox usage in the panel.cfg, but was not able to get it to not disconnect so this is where I am.  I'd rather not publish the server address to avoid overloading the server with unknown players so I'll try to PM it to you.  If you wish and you have Wippien and UltraVNC I can give you access to see the server.

Dirk

lvflyer

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 06:56:40 pm »
Through diagnosing another issue not related to the Sludge Mods I discovered the FSUIPC is what was causing the multiplayer server issues.  So far it seems that all my multiplayer woes have been solved by reinstalling FSUIPC.  Sure would be nice if we didnt' need to use that at all.

Dirk

frankwi

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 01:07:42 am »
ivflyer...I like your attitude. You never went into the blame game or degraded Sludge's hard work. Just stated the facts and provided info, well done. Wish more people used that type of approach.

I get booted from Game spy sometimes, especially on Saturday in the daytime. May I ask what version of FSUIPC seemed to fix your problem ?

lvflyer

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 09:16:40 am »
I had to go back to 4.3.  With the limited information that the Aces team and Microsoft released it is a trial and error on realizing the full potential of FSX.  That is why I have created sort of a skunk works to get some great minds together.  I'm a firm believer that products ar emuch better supported by the user than a commercial interest and believe this hobby was built on sharing of ideas not selling them.  I hope to continue in that and hope and can find those that know and those that are willing to learn all the goodies that FSX has to offer.  I'm setting up forums for the skunk works at www.fsxaircombatoperations.org if anyone is interested in collaborating.

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 04:35:59 pm »
Sludge,

Have been off these forums for some time now, and that's why I couldn't report this issue to you earlier.

I fully concur with lvflyer in his assessment. The group that I fly with had faced the same problem many months back, and the disco problem was resolved after disabling the blackbox.

lvflyer

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 07:51:28 pm »
I would be interested to know if rolling back to FSUIPC 4.3 solved your problems as well.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 07:39:08 am »
Mickey...

Good to know, so we can keep that in the Sludge Hornet "fixes" list. As I always say, if you've had the problem, someone else has probly had it similar and hasn't sent it in here or anywhere else.

LV...

So, v4.3 was how you got rid of the old server "dumping" when you'd fly the Sludge? Whats the latest version? And what's your whole process? You just went from the recent version (v4.??), and went back to v4.3 and the Sludge wont "dump out" of a multiplayer session anymore?

Thanks guys.
Sludge

lvflyer

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 05:39:05 pm »
That's about it.  I had a problem with Arrestor Cables so I decided to reinstall FSUIPC and that didn't work so I just went back one version at a time and it started working again with 4.3.  So for kicks and giggles I tried to logon to the server again and saw that the Sludge and the other aircraft like the T-38 wasn't showing stuck on the tarmac and actually moving around.  It does require further testing and my guys have got caught up in life so haven't had the chance to give it a real workout on the server yet, but I suspect it was FSUIPC all along.  I'm hoping others will make the same changes and report back if that fixes the problem.  I think FSUIPC is up to 4.7