Author Topic: Radio Altimeter Tone  (Read 6169 times)

GOONIE

Radio Altimeter Tone
« on: September 23, 2011, 06:48:46 pm »
Can anyone help me add the RALT_Tone.wav found on the Sludge Hornet, over to the Boeing T-45C?

I've tried adding the UFC, Blackbox, Panel Sound folders over to the T-45, and added relevant lines to the T-45's panel.cfg file (under VC), but with no luck.

How does the RALT_Tone.wav work for the Hornet, is it called up by the Blackbox, the UFC, or the dsd_xml_soud3.gau file? Can this tone even be installed on the T-45C? I've captured the correct RALT tone for the T-45C from youtube and thought it would make a nice addition to an already great aircraft.

Thanks for your help!
-Capt
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:08:27 pm by capthaltli »
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: Radio Altimeter Tone
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 10:55:50 pm »
CAPT...

Im at work now but I take a look when I get some time this weekend and let you know what we can do to get it added. I'm guessin it shouldnt be too much, so I'll get back with ya on instructions.

Later
Sludge

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 07:17:09 pm »
Capt,
I've successfully added the Blackbox and Panel Sound to the Goshawk. At least I've heard that RALT tone...  8) Indeed, this required some tweaking of the gauges, but it's easy. Namely:

- copy the BlackBox.CAB and dsd_xml_sound3.gau from your Sludge Hornet panel folder over to the Goshawk's panel folder
- copy your F18_UFC_Init folder and don't forget to rename it to T45C_UFC_Init and rename the F18_UFC_Init.xml file to T45C_UFC_Init.xml as well
- copy the /Panel/Sounds folder
- add these lines to the Panel.cfg, section [Vcockpit06]

gauge23=T45C_UFC_Init!T45C_UFC_Init
gauge24=BlackBox!F18_Betty,
gauge25=dsd_xml_sound3!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,0,0, ./SimObjects/Airplanes/Boeing_T45C/Panel/Sounds/Panel_Sounds.ini

Hope you'll hear RALT tone too  ;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 08:45:36 am by fsxnavypilot »
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 09:13:28 am »
CAPT...

Also, in addition to what Serge posted, dont forget to copy/paste the PANEL\SOUNDS folder from the Sludge into the T-45 PANEL folder. Also, IF you are using Dino's MOST CURRENT T-45C (v2.10), make sure to un-enable the FSX default GPWS by going into the T-45C AIRCRAFT.CFG, scroll to bottom of the file, under [GPWS] max_warning_height = 300, change the 300 to -1.

I've included a ZIP folder of the T-45C_UFC_INIT folder (both properly named to work as p/Serge's install instructions), it presets the RALT warning for 400' and the BARO for 5k', turns OFF Serge's BlackBox LOW FUEL Betty call, as that is already included in the [Voice Alerts] in the T-45C's Voice Warnings.

Once you have the sounds up and running (you've test flown and got the necessary results), then feel free to change (copy over) the RALT_Tone.wav file (located in the PANEL\SOUNDS folder) to your captured RALT sound file for the T-45C. Should work like a champ as I have a RALT in my T-45 now.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:24:22 am by Sludge »

GOONIE

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 02:57:35 pm »
Thanks, Sludge and Serge!

The RALT aural tone is now working in the T-45C!  ;D

Let me know if you want the wav file I am using, I grabbed it from this youtube video at about 0:28 seconds in and replaced the F/A-18 tone:

-Capt

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 06:02:50 pm »
Capt,
Sure, that would be nice to have that authentic sound in the Goshawk!
Perhaps you could post it over here?
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

GOONIE

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 10:00:02 pm »
Here you go Serge! I also had to modify the panel_sounds config file in the Sounds folder (T-45C Panel folder), to reference the T-45 and not the Sludge Basic Sound folder.

[Sounds]
Sound00=./SimObjects/Airplanes/Boeing_T45C/Panel/Sounds/bingo.wav, 150
Sound01=./SimObjects/Airplanes/Boeing_T45C/Panel/Sounds/altitude.wav, 150
Sound02=./SimObjects/Airplanes/Boeing_T45C/Panel/Sounds/roll_out.wav, 150
Sound03=./SimObjects/Airplanes/Boeing_T45C/Panel/Sounds/power.wav, 150
Sound04=./SimObjects/Airplanes/Boeing_T45C/Panel/Sounds/fuel_low.wav, 150
Sound05=./SimObjects/Airplanes/Boeing_T45C/Panel/Sounds/check_gear.wav, 150
Sound06=./SimObjects/Airplanes/Boeing_T45C/Panel/Sounds/pull_up.wav, 150
Sound07=./SimObjects/Airplanes/Boeing_T45C/Panel/Sounds/RALT_Tone.wav, 80

-Capt
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 01:00:42 am by capthaltli »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 03:38:39 am »
Herb...

What do you mean "a black Box with Nothing in it." Did you copy/paste the BLACKBOX.CAB from the Sludge Basic/FX (either one) to the Boeing T-45\Panel folder?

"What about the Windows Entry?"

There is no windows entry. It only uses the Betty part of the Blackbox and you "preconfigure" it using the T-45C_UFC_INIT.XML to set the RALT and BARO Betty warnings. Its not configurable "in game" like the BlackBox Betty warnings are for the Sludge Hornet.

Hope this helps.

Later
Sludge

GOONIE

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 05:11:29 pm »
If you downloaded the T-45C RALT tone I posted above, please redownload from the post above. I've tweaked the file, removing the ambient nose (filtered it out from the original file) to make the tone more crisp/clear.

Enjoy!

-Capt