Author Topic: AES support?  (Read 52163 times)

Michael_B767_ATP

Re: AES support?
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2011, 12:23:03 am »
Hi,

I have to agree, until GSX is ready for release I would hope FSDT sends all their airports (KLAX Included) for an AES update.

VX4ever

• Next Stop Los Angeles Intl Airport
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2011, 05:13:53 am »
Hi,

I have to agree, until GSX is ready for

Same here I cant stand seeing those wheels at the gate tuck down into the ground on my FSX and they don't even look realistic without AES setings. Please make AES compatablity I am very excited for GSX but i know many of us who migrated to FSX were hoping we would finally get a LAX with AES since LAX version 1 couldn't offer it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2011, 10:35:59 am »
With all due respect, Umberto, he makes a good point and i do agree with him. GSX sounds like a very promissing product and i'm truly looking forward to it, especially after seeing the trailer for it.

I can only repeat and confirm, AES support will come if we'll do an FS9 version, which is something we are looking into it right now, but it it will stay FSX only, it won't make any sense for us, since we have our own solution soon enough. That's the agreement we had with Oliver since years.

jordanal

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2011, 01:40:19 pm »
Yup, I also wish for continued AES support for all FSDT FSX sceneries until "the day" we have moving GSX gateways.

I could understand the developer's position if GSX (with moving gateways) was to be release in the next week or month, but I rather doubt it too.  Isn't it a simple matter of fowarding Oliver some textures or something?
Regards,
Al

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2011, 01:53:52 pm »
Yup, I also wish for continued AES support for all FSDT FSX sceneries until "the day" we have moving GSX gateways.

All our FSX sceneries already have moving jetways, by default, right now, and they will suffice until a better version will eventually come with GSX.

edetroit

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2011, 04:03:59 pm »

I can only repeat and confirm, AES support will come if we'll do an FS9 version, which is something we are looking into it right now, but it it will stay FSX only, it won't make any sense for us, since we have our own solution soon enough. That's the agreement we had with Oliver since years.

Please make a FS9 version Virtuali.  :)
regards

Ed

akair-NorthLinkVA

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2011, 05:54:04 pm »
Great NEW Airport Add-on KLAX........

Just my 2 cents worth ......  :) <grins>

Please add FSX • KLAX - to AES ....support for Now ....with Oliver...

As the Credit cost is Not a Big Issue with me or probably other simmer's ...lol  

Will Most Likely Use Both GSX...... Still drooling for RELEASE & AES

Can't wait to get GSX .....WOW.... Thanx

As I live in Alaska, and work with NorthLink Virtual Airlines ....
with Hubs in Anchorage, Seattle, Calgary....

Also looking for Pilots - 18 yo - 99 • • • Join / Fly our Great VA • for Northwestern USA • Over 400 plus Routes

Northlink Virtual Airlines • http://www.northlinkva.com/zfsdt.htm

Routes Served: Alaska / Horizon • Westjet • Northern Air Cargo • ERA Aviation • SkyWest • Polar Air Cargo  

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 05:57:23 pm by akair-NorthLinkVA »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2011, 06:02:36 pm »
Please make a FS9 version Virtuali

Already said in countless of other threads that we ARE trying.

DChockey08

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2011, 06:47:13 pm »
Now, I totally understand the entire no-AES if no-FS9.. But this has just made me more excited for GSX. I mean, one thing I love is having jetways hook up to AI traffic. At FSDT's airports, I had to choose between AES and the AI gates. With this new add-on I'll be able to GSX my aircraft, and have AI jetways work, correct?

Honestly, I'm not a fan of having to wait, but this does make me excited about what is to come. Once you guys fix the FSX jetway animations, I don't think anyone will be using AES anymore if they can use GSX.  :) However at many 3rd party airports AES will be the only option because of static jetways. (unless we can find a way to use AES only for the jetways and GSX for the rest, provided it is as high quality as the previews make it seem).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2011, 08:59:03 pm »
At FSDT's airports, I had to choose between AES and the AI gates. With this new add-on I'll be able to GSX my aircraft, and have AI jetways work, correct?

It's likely that if we'll replace the default jetways in GSX, it will be for the user airplane only, like AES. However, we still haven't looked into all the issue so, don't take it as a definite answer.

FlyNext

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2011, 10:32:43 pm »
Yeah i like it no more AES support its a shame that you have to pay that much ammount of ppoints to have a few Airports for AES available. I would never say it sux because the product itself is a innovation but the way it´s being published is just like aerosoft always do... They just want our money.
Thats my point!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:35:42 pm by FlyNext »

Thralni

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2011, 09:21:21 am »
After thinking about this for a bit, I think there may be a clash between GSX and AES. I think it will be easy to overcome but it would require cooperation between Umberto and Oliver. I also think cooperation will be necessary because people that like AES will like GSX. I bet most will want to use them together and pick the best parts of each utility. I also don't think GSX will replace AES because of the current jetway issue, the fact that a lot of people have invested in AES credits and the probable release of AES NG. The good news is I bet a lot of people will buy both.

The clash - with AES, the marshallers and baggage loaders automatically appear when you set the parking brake and stop the engines. If you are using both GSX and AES at an airport and you want to use the GSX marshaller and baggage loaders but the AES jetways, you will end up with duplicates. Right now, the only way I know to stop the AES baggage loaders is to remove the cargo doors from the intelliscene file. If both GSX and AES use the same imtelliscene file, you would be deactivating the cargo doors for both utilities.

Oliver can overcome this by adding all AES functions to their options window.

Yeah, that's what I have been thinking about too. As it is, there is no way to simply disable parts of AES. Either you remove entries in the intelliscene.cfg (bad idea) or you remove AES from the airport (even worse idea). So I do think that GSX and AES will have to work together somehow in order to use them together, as you suggest Umberto. If they will not work together and thus produce duplicates, then I know I will choose to use AES and not GSX at airports that have moveable jetways with AES only.

akair-NorthLinkVA

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2011, 05:45:50 pm »
Toooo.... Many Fires to put Out before • Initial  GSX first release

You Folks at FSDT probably feel like Missoula Smoke Jumpers • Trying to put them Out  ;D  ;D

There has been many Great Airports, recently released for FSX.....

KDFW, KDEN, KLAX ............... and PANC (Proud to own them ... <grins>

With these Great Fantastic Airports, and the coming release of GSX --- It may be too late for this addition to GSX

but Please consider the following, for inclusion in the next release ....... Please .....

I would sure like to see a Inter-Active  • • Follow Me, Pick-up, AND/OR --- Van, Tug, and maybe a Push-Back / Fuel - Vehicles  • •

that you could Drive Around and View The Great Features and Scenery ...... and or view your plane getting baggage loaded,

to view other aircraft getting loaded ( Not sure if the Baggage Loader's - - load other AI ... Aircraft arond the Airport ).

I know I Hate trying to ..... Drive a Plane up a Vehicle Ramp / Street / Highway ..... to Get a View and a Picture or Screen Shot at a Arrival .... Parking

Garage.... etc......

It would be idea to have say a Utility Pick-up - for Runway Lighting .... being able to drive to the end or along a runway.....off of tarmack .... of course ...<grins>

..... to be able to watch take-off's and landings

{{ With say the Vehicles as a MS - separate class of plane to steer with Joystick / Mouse • • • or have a GSX drop down Menu to drive a vehicle  ... and to change

your view point ..... ie: look forward, left, right  • • • Say something like the EZDok .... Viewer  ......  • • You say you have a Flexible Core in GSX ... so it may be

able for you to implement ......Maybe....  }}  

{{{ FROM - Above "Vehicles as a MS - separate class of plane to steer with Joystick / Mouse " .... is probably NOT the Best way to go here ... as you would have to
load plane and lose the Your CURRENT --- Docked Aircraft .....Gerrrrrr }}}

Awe....... Inter-Active ......  Avatar's  .............. But that is a Whole another can of Worms...... <grin>

THANX AGAIN FOR YOUR GREAT PRODUCTS......   ::)  :)  ;D  ::)

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 05:53:49 pm by akair-NorthLinkVA »

member111222

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2011, 02:11:23 am »
AES is important for me because of the precise pushback function. And I doubt that any other addon program will offer this service soon. So I hope the airport will be added in the future. Normally I would not buy an big Hub without AES.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2011, 09:33:33 am »
AES is important for me because of the precise pushback function

Pushback it's one of the main GSX features, it will work automatically with every FSX airport, and we'll also be able to customize it to work even better with specific airports, even 3rd party ones. There will be multiple different vehicles, in several types and shapes, with human characters as drivers, wingwalkers coming in and out of the vehicle with different custom human animations for each tow truck model, sound effects, speech, etc.