Products Support > Chicago O'Hare for FSX/P3D

Jetways for FSX

(1/4) > >>

pmpilot:
Hi all  ;)

what does that mean ??

> Native animated inverse-kinematics based jetways in FSX

Are the Jetways working the same way as the standard FSX Gates  ::)

regards
Mario Görs

Alessandro:
Yes, jetway on OhareX have animation same standard FSX jetways.

Alessandro

mikael1984:
With over 100 gates my fps hits rock bottom.. Is it possible to use static gates? From which I have seen on other airports for FSX?

by the way. I don't see "gate vehicles" on many of the terminals (did even max every settings) is this normal or should I see "gate vehicles" at every gate?

Regards,
Mikael

virtuali:

--- Quote from: mikael1984 on March 18, 2008, 09:13:52 pm ---With over 100 gates my fps hits rock bottom.. Is it possible to use static gates?
--- End quote ---

It's not the gates that slows down the most: it's the AI that go there that do. All animated gates are using 3 LOD levels, the lowest-complex LOD is just a simple box basically so the distant ones do not impact fps much. If you turn AI down, you'll see the fps going up immediately.

--- Quote ---I don't see "gate vehicles" on many of the terminals (did even max every settings) is this normal or should I see "gate vehicles" at every gate?
--- End quote ---

These, instead, would REALLY have killed your fps, if they were present. We replaced with our fps-friendly models, even they don't behave like to default ones. But when we tested it, default gate vehicles were impacting more fps than the whole airport...

mikael1984:

--- Quote from: virtuali on March 18, 2008, 09:20:52 pm ---
--- Quote from: mikael1984 on March 18, 2008, 09:13:52 pm ---With over 100 gates my fps hits rock bottom.. Is it possible to use static gates?
--- End quote ---

It's not the gates that slows down the most: it's the AI that go there that do. All animated gates are using 3 LOD levels, the lowest-complex LOD is just a simple box basically so the distant ones do not impact fps much. If you turn AI down, you'll see the fps going up immediately.
--- End quote ---

Everything that moves slows the fps down, I understand that.

--- Quote ---I don't see "gate vehicles" on many of the terminals (did even max every settings) is this normal or should I see "gate vehicles" at every gate?
--- End quote ---

These, instead, would REALLY have killed your fps, if they were present. We replaced with our fps-friendly models, even they don't behave like to default ones. But when we tested it, default gate vehicles were impacting more fps than the whole airport...
[/quote]

I would agree. Now I have another problem, I have no custom vehicles any any gate. Maxed settings. Tried to restart FSX several times, does not help. So should or should not every gate be covered with the "custom vehicles"? I guess I have to reinstall it..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version