Author Topic: Guns not working  (Read 4877 times)

lvflyer

Guns not working
« on: September 06, 2011, 07:52:02 pm »
Tell me what I've done wrong.  Neutrino's combat hornet works perfectly, but when I install the Sludge integration I can't see guns or smoke and the number doesn't decrease.  I checked the release droppable object settings and they are correct.  Like I said all works fine with the combat hornet so the effects are there.  The HUD controls are correct and I can Arm and select A/A without issue and the HUD shows the cone and reticle.  What am I missing?

Dirk

neutrino

Re: Guns not working
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 08:54:07 pm »
Hi, can you confirm tat when you switch to A/A mode and put the Master Arm switch to ARM, and then you press the trigger - you don't see the number of bullets go down?

lvflyer

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 09:08:07 pm »
That is correct.  Numbers do not decrease.  Hey Neutrino.  I am working closely with the author of Underway.  Are you insterested in being part of our non-commercial development team?

Dirk

neutrino

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 08:18:15 pm »
Hi Dirk, I am not sure what Underway is ::) Anyway, I don't mind doing non-commercial work, but I am very busy with my regular job now - takes almost all of my time >:(
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:21:31 pm by neutrino »

lvflyer

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 01:32:56 am »
I PMed you on the Underway stuff.  May be too sensitive at this time for open forum.  On the combat HUD issue I must have missed some instruction somewhere.  The guns work in 2D mode and when I look at the panel.cfg the Window00+Main Panel 2D HUD/AoA Indexer but there is a file called panel_combatHUD_VC.cfg.  I can't find any instructions on what to do with that, but it doesn't have the line gauge00=FA18_HUD\FA18_HUD_VC_R!F18_GUN_MODE    // Realistic FA-18 Gun Mode by J.R. in it.  So what panel.cfg are we suppose to use for Guns in VC?

neutrino

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 07:20:07 pm »
I PMed you on the Underway stuff.  May be too sensitive at this time for open forum.  On the combat HUD issue I must have missed some instruction somewhere.  The guns work in 2D mode and when I look at the panel.cfg the Window00+Main Panel 2D HUD/AoA Indexer but there is a file called panel_combatHUD_VC.cfg.  I can't find any instructions on what to do with that, but it doesn't have the line gauge00=FA18_HUD\FA18_HUD_VC_R!F18_GUN_MODE    // Realistic FA-18 Gun Mode by J.R. in it.  So what panel.cfg are we suppose to use for Guns in VC?

You can just enter this line anywhere in the [Vcockpit01] section:

gauge29=FA18_HUD\FA18_HUD_VC_R!F18_GUN_MODE

This will load the combat portion of the HUD that is probably missing from the current panel.cfg.

lvflyer

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 07:26:31 pm »
Yep I found the info buried in the original thread explaing the VC change.