Author Topic: How Did They Do That?  (Read 4267 times)

diceflo

How Did They Do That?
« on: July 04, 2011, 06:18:09 pm »
In one of the locked discussions, the writer posted a video of KTPA with cameras that followed the planes like Active Camera does but this was shown in FSX, How the heck do you do that?. I have read lots of articles but not one of them came close to what that person did in their videos. Can anyone clue me in on how this can be done. I'm not commenting on the writers posting subject just how the filmed that video. Thanks guys.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

theshack440

Re: How Did They Do That?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 09:38:45 pm »
Yeah that was ezdock. It's a very powerful tool for very cool views.

Enjoy it if you buy it!

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

diceflo

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 09:57:36 pm »
It looks so involved and not to mention expensive. I really just want to "sit" on the ground or in the tower and watch planes arrive, depart and not have to change the camera for each aircraft that is arriving. With Active camera, the camera just automatically followed the next arrival or departure. It also doesn't mean much to me to walk around the cockpit, cabin and stuff like that. Would this product do that or is it only for actual flying which I embarrassingly don't do when I play. I have my credit card ready but I would like a little more info, thanks.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 11:26:52 pm »
If all you do in flight simulator is plane spotting, try FS BOB which you can find here.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

diceflo

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 08:57:34 am »
Thanks, I checked it out but it doesn't do what I need it to do. Basically I want to "park" a camera somewhere on the ground and let the camera follow aircraft in spot view or flyby as they arrive  When the airline reaches a certain spot, the camera then will stop following that aircraft and "find" the next aircraft in line for arrival and follow that plane in automatically. I don't want to set the camera for each plane, I just want to be lazy and sit in the chair and just watch planes arrive. It sounds like a lot but Active Camera did this with great ease and I didn't have to mess around with camera settings or files. I have messed around with the camera config and it almost wrecked my settings that I had and it was just plain confusing. I have looked at ezdok, walk and follow, fscam?, and some other utilities but none of them can do this. I know it can be done because there are several videos that I have seen but I just can't seem to find the answers. I guess I can attempt to play with the camera settings if somebody out there can send me very detailed instructions on how to do it, kind of like camera config for dummies (haha). But seriously, I will be glad to receive any help with this.