Author Topic: FS9 Out of Available Memory  (Read 5576 times)

united319

FS9 Out of Available Memory
« on: July 01, 2011, 08:55:28 am »
Good Evening,

First, let me apologize; this is regarding another studios scenery package but neither of them have a support forum.  I have purchased all of the FSDreamTeam products and have received wonderful support.  I am hoping you can help with this pain in the a$$. :-)

I've had the day from hell trying to get FS9 back up.  I purchased imagine simulations new version of their KDEN scenery along with megascenery's Denver pack.  After installing I ran into the all too familiar message saying...

"Your computer has run out of available memory.  Flight Simulator will now exit.  You may not have enough free space on your hard drive.  Run Disk Cleanup to free up space, and then try running Flight Simulator again."

Now I do know that one of the two packages caused this cluster f*&k.  I do not know which one.  Listed below is what i've accomplished so far trying to solve the issue.

-un-install & reinstall of both sceneries.
-downloaded approx 12 different programs to mess with the fs9.exe file.
-Looked through my scenery folders to find other more recent items that may be an issue
-System Restore

Even after I wipe out everything related to either of the new sceneries, the message still stays.  I also get a warning message on the KDEN scenery package saying something about "can not locate scenery.cfg file".  I could not find it either. 

My biggest issue now is, no matter what I do, I can not get back into FS9.  All I want to do is delete these two files for good and get them out of my scenery library.  I can't get into my scenery library though or FS9 at all.

Can someone help?!?!?!  I have been working at this for approximately 14 hours now and no luck.

Thanks!

PS I have searched all the forums that were referenced in similar situations and none helped.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl

united319

Re: FS9 Out of Available Memory
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 06:18:17 pm »
didn't work... :-(

I have deleted both purchased sceneries but it still won't work...

united319

Re: FS9 Out of Available Memory
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 06:52:42 pm »
I Fixed it!!!!!  Of all things it was an AFCAD file that corrupted FS.

Thanks so much!