Author Topic: Will other scenery get the Zurich treatment?  (Read 6569 times)

infus1on

Will other scenery get the Zurich treatment?
« on: June 16, 2011, 05:48:23 am »
Great news about the updates to LSZH. Will any of FSDreamteam's other airports get the Zurich treatment. KJFK and KORD would be great to see with the same techniques. Thanks in advance.

Mike K
Mike

FSDreamteam: KLAX Los Angeles * KDFW Dallas Fort Worth * KLAS McCarran * KJFK New York * KORD O'Hare * PHNL Honolulu * Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 & 2 * LSZG Zurich CYVR Vancouver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Will other scenery get the Zurich treatment?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 10:25:19 am »
Yes, of course, it was already said in another thread.

KORD will be the next one, since the airport was upgraded too. We are going in chronological order, updating our oldest sceneries first. Zurich had to be the first, both because it was our first released scenery, and because the real world airport changed.

global express

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 01:18:39 pm »
Simbio kindly replied to the message I sent him last month, confirming that Geneva will be updated after the Hawaiian airports have been finished - great news!  ;D

AA777-200ER

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 08:54:23 pm »
A quickie question on your texturing method for Zurich & Chicago...current texture resolution (Dallas) or higher resolutions like LAX?

Thanks, Darryl

PS...like your competitive nature against the bigger developer!!!  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 09:22:27 pm »
A quickie question on your texturing method for Zurich & Chicago...current texture resolution (Dallas) or higher resolutions like LAX?

KLAX doesn't have higher resolution compared to KDFW, it's more stratified with more complex materials, and it uses 4096x4096 textures, but much less in number, which is more efficient than using many 1024x1024. What really makes KLAX better, it's the 3d modeling and the shadowing, but none of this applies to Zurich and Chicago updates, which will cover just the ground (apart for the obvious new Terminal B at Zurich).

Brian S

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 12:28:59 am »
Does this mean the ground textures with the updated airports will work with DX10?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 12:54:14 am »
Does this mean the ground textures with the updated airports will work with DX10?

Yes, like at KDFW (and KLAX)

commissioner

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 01:06:41 am »
Will the updates be for FS9 or FSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 01:13:02 am »
Like Zurich, the airport update for KORD will be for FS9 and FSX, but the graphic update with DX10 ground with shaders will be FSX only, since none of it applies to FS9.

Brian S

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 11:48:31 pm »

Yes, like at KDFW (and KLAX)

Good news!   ;D

infus1on

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 04:50:35 am »
Well, I certainly appreciate the answer and I am really excited to see the enhancement of the airports. I have no problem with the performance of any of your products (and I own almost every one of your airports) but I do look forward to a visual update that resembles the quality of KDFW which is one of my favorite airports.
Mike

FSDreamteam: KLAX Los Angeles * KDFW Dallas Fort Worth * KLAS McCarran * KJFK New York * KORD O'Hare * PHNL Honolulu * Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 & 2 * LSZG Zurich CYVR Vancouver