Author Topic: High PC system..Low fps  (Read 16912 times)

copilot767

High PC system..Low fps
« on: June 15, 2011, 11:34:08 pm »
Hello..

Holding at the start op runway..looking out, and ready for take off.. I only have about 14-16 fps, the absolute lowest fps I have at my computer.
I have KORD and KJFK both with US cities and Manhattan.. Have almost all Mega airports ( aerosoft) and all Fly tampas... KDFW is my lowest FPS i see at my system.???

Always fly Aerosoft Airbus X
My PC-Spec... Intel 2600K   oc 4,8 ghz     - Asus deluxe MB - GTX580  -  8 gb ddr3 1600 mhz - Enough cooling - Win7 64 bit
750 watt power - 10000 VC raptor HDD.

Resolution 1900x 1080

Everything is at max setting, except MYTraffic (30 %)    Cars 12 %...

But have no problems with all my other airports.. Whats wrong with KDFW ???

Chris from Denmark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: High PC system..Low fps
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 11:55:01 pm »
But have no problems with all my other airports.. Whats wrong with KDFW ???

There's nothing wrong with KDFW but, instead, you clearly have a configuration problem. I have a system MUCH slower than yours ( 2.66 Xeon with 512MB ATI 4870 ), and I get a constant 32-35 fps at KDFW and every users here also found KDFW to be very fps friendly despite its size, so, it's clearly a problem of your system.

Fact that other airports are running well, doesn't mean much: KDFW is the only FSX scenery available which uses your video card to the max, since it uses shaders for ground as well.

This means, if you have a wrong graphic setting in FSX or in your Video card control panel, or a problem with the video driver, you might not noticed it with other sceneries, since they don't use such features.

Try the following:

- Go to %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX, take the FSX.CFG and move it to another place (like the Desktop) let FSX rebuild a new one and see if it makes any difference. If it does, perhaps there was a tweak that doesn't work well with your system.

- As explained on the KDFW manual, be sure you have Transparency Antialiasing set to off. We found this used to be a problem on ATI cards only but, you never know if it surfaced on nVidia drivers as well.

- Try to reset your video card Control Panel with default settings.

- What is the fps with a DEFAULT airplane ?

feer

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 03:05:48 am »
hi same here i have a i7 2600k @4.00ghz gtx 560 ti 1gb i have and all the rest fsdt kfll kjfk kord  fly tampa  aerosoft and i get solid 40fps but in kdfw from 40 to low 20, 17 fps any ideas i did the fsx cfg remove to desktop an fsx build a new one but no  luck?
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 2nd generation @ 4.0ghz
gigabyte p67a-ud3. patriot viper series 3 8gb ddr3 1600mhz
cpu fan Cooler Master's V6GT
MSI GTX 560TI  1GB 256-BIT @1000mhz  GDDR5
samsung 26 '' t260hd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 10:31:49 am »
hi same here i have a i7 2600k @4.00ghz gtx 560 ti 1gb i have and all the rest fsdt kfll kjfk kord  fly tampa  aerosoft and i get solid 40fps but in kdfw from 40 to low 20, 17 fps any ideas i did the fsx cfg remove to desktop an fsx build a new one but no  luck?

Removing the fsx.cfg was just ONE of my suggestions. Have you tried the other ones ?

It seems very strange you are getting lower fps from KDFW than JFK, I get MUCH better fps from KDFW on my system, which (as I've said), it's less powerful than a Sandy Bridge, with a 2 years old video card.

In any case, it seems to be video-card related: both of you have an nVidia of the 5x family, and as I've said, KDFW is more video-card dependent than the usual FSX scenery. Are you using SLI perhaps ? FSX doesn't really support it, and might even lower fps in certain cases.

Also, what are you AI settings ? It's possible you are using AI at too high value, so what is bringing down fps are the AI models and, since KDFW has so many stands that is capable of attracting *hundreds* of them ? With hundreds of AI simultaneously loaded, the fps can go down even WITHOUT any scenery, and that's regardless of the system, especially when using FS9 AI models.

feer

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 02:06:29 pm »
Thanks for you fast response umberto i use fsx without traffic no ai and kdfw is the only airport with : low frames any help or sugestion would be great no other add on has conflict with kdfw?
samsung 26 '' t260hd

feer

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 02:12:01 pm »
No sli and about the setting of video card the regular as always aa texture qualitt high quality ect ect
samsung 26 '' t260hd

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 04:25:25 pm »
There's nothing wrong with KDFW but, instead, you clearly have a configuration problem. I have a system MUCH slower than yours ( 2.66 Xeon with 512MB ATI 4870 ), and I get a constant 32-35 fps at KDFW and every users here also found KDFW to be very fps friendly despite its size, so, it's clearly a problem of your system.

DFW is the best running FSDT scenery I own as well. I've got an E8400 OC'ed 3.85ghz, 2GB RAM, GTS250 OC 1Gb video card and WinXP SP3. As a comparision, with AI turned off and using the LDS767 I get a solid 25 to 30 FPS and is very fluid, no pauses or lags.

- As explained on the KDFW manual, be sure you have Transparency Antialiasing set to off. We found this used to be a problem on ATI cards only but, you never know if it surfaced on nVidia drivers as well.

On my system using the nVidia card I get much better performance with transparency AA turned off than turned on. When I turn it on I lose about 10 FPS and get a lot of stutters and pauses.

feer

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 10:28:27 pm »
i got umberto you right my man,the main problem was Antialiasing Transparency settings to on (you get low frames)   for futures post this. is the main problem in this this is set to on  Antialiasing Transparency
 you need this set to off many thanks umberto i dont remember set this in my setting but was on lol long live fsdt many thanks. ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 04:12:52 am by feer »
samsung 26 '' t260hd

copilot767

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 11:18:32 am »
Antialiasing Transparency turned it off.. And gave me 8 - 10 fps more  ;D

Can someone tell me what is normal setting popup setting in the addon manager.. It goes from 1 to 30 ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 06:04:08 pm »
Can someone tell me what is normal setting popup setting in the addon manager.. It goes from 1 to 30 ???

Well, the Addon Manager has a nice "default" button, which put that value to 1 so, I guess, you can assume the "normal" value it's 1, which means "multiply by 1 the ranges programmed by FSDT in their sceneries". So, if you put it to 10, for example, every object will have a range 10x more than what we programmed. However, even if you put it to 30, no object will be loaded anyway outside the main scenery range, which is usually 10 nm for a normal airport, or 16 nm for a large airport like KDFW.

The higher the value, the less visual popup and possibly stuttering the scenery will have, but a cost of a lover fps. Which means, you have to test it on your system, and put it at the value that's ok for you. On very fast systems, you can put it at 30 without too much loss, on average systems, the loss can be as high as 10 fps so, as with all sliders, the "right" value DEPENDS on YOUR system, and what YOUR expectations for a good fps are.

If there was a "right" value which was good for every system and every user, we wouldn't put any slider to begin with, but simply hard-coded the "right" value in the scenery. in any case, 1 it's the default, and it's what we test the scenery with.