Author Topic: Free T-45C Goshawk Beta Soon - Cataneo  (Read 24719 times)

GOONIE

Re: Free T-45C Goshawk Beta Soon - Cataneo
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 05:32:57 pm »
I like the new bird, but it would be really sweet if it used the HUD symbology we have in the sludge hornet IMHO.

I looked in the panel file to see if there was an easy way to replace the t45 hud with the F/a-18 hud but I could not tell where the HUD file is being called from in the panel.cfg file, it is not very similar to other vc file formats. Has anyone had any luck replacing the t45 HUD with the f/a-18s HUD symbology?

Also I like the t45c mirror reflections in the VC, is there an easy way to replace the f/a-18 mirrors with these?

-Capt

"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

neutrino

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 12:22:21 am »
Hi Capt, Dino's T-45 will have its own native HUD 8) I hope it will be included in his next release ;D

I like the new bird, but it would be really sweet if it used the HUD symbology we have in the sludge hornet IMHO.

I looked in the panel file to see if there was an easy way to replace the t45 hud with the F/a-18 hud but I could not tell where the HUD file is being called from in the panel.cfg file, it is not very similar to other vc file formats. Has anyone had any luck replacing the t45 HUD with the f/a-18s HUD symbology?

Letourn

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 02:31:30 am »
And i am sure we can all guess who is creating it ;)

Glad to hear that news..Cant wait for the next release with the new Hud!

Thanks neutrino

Orion

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 12:37:05 pm »
And I can attest to the top notch work J.R.'s put into it.  You're going to love it!

;D

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 11:33:08 am »
T-45C cleared to taxi and hold short

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/2011/07/t-45c-cleared-to-taxi-and-hold-short.html

"Yesterday night I've finally completed a T-45C build that I consider good for release. Not all of the bugs have been squashed, but most of them are - and I think the overall quality is much better than the test version. There are a lot of changes with respect of the Beta build, and all of them have been carefully evaluated and implemented. To name a few:

- There is a new, custom made collimated HUD courtesy of Jivko Rusev and Scott Printz. The new HUD is almost identical to the real one, and has a "gun simulation" mode. Also, Jivko provided code to have a working Data Entry Panel (Bingo, LAW, CRS and HDG can be entered in using the keypad as in the real plane)

- There are a lot of improvements in the virtual cockpit: more clickable switches, more functionalities, more accurate caution/advisory light systems, some minor visual details. It is still far from being perfect, but it is definitely better.

- The visual model is improved, too and now there are optional (cosmetic) bomb racks, baggage pod and a several repaints, including CoNA ones.

- The flight model is better, too, with enhanced engine dynamics, drag table and much more accurate landing speeds (once again thanks to Jivko).

So, it is ready for release - but I still need to update the manual, write the readme file, zip and test the whole thing etc. - I'll do that asap. I am not sure when, but definitely it will be within the next weekend."

BIGP PIC: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sHk6UQH7UQQ/Th1Hm6hWBAI/AAAAAAAAA6o/VaBI67hbjJc/s1600/T4520110703_2.jpg

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:25:42 pm by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Jymp

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 01:52:23 pm »
Its released !

neutrino

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 03:05:22 pm »
Check out the new extended trailer :)

Jymp

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2011, 03:31:43 pm »
Very nice bird, although it seems to bury the front tires in the tarmac a bit and sit with a tail high attitude.

Jymp

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2011, 04:51:33 pm »
I'm wondering do I have the T45 installed correctly, In the Readme it says to unzip (Extract ??) to FSX/Sim Objects/Airplanes folder, but when I do that it doesn't show up in the FSX planes menu, but when I unzip it to a temp folder on my desktop then copy & paste the Boeing T-45C folder into the FSX/Sim Objects/Airplanes folder it shows up, also the readme says move the fx_navorange_t45.fx from the Boeing T45 effects folder to the FSX effects folder, what about the other .fx files in the T-45 effects folder, shouldn't they be put somewhere too ?.    Thanks guys

Orion

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 05:18:17 pm »
Haha, nice job with the extended version J.R.! :D

Herbie

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2011, 09:40:02 pm »
You did the right thing, unzipping to a Temp-folder Copy the Boeing T-45C to the airplanes folder. The 4 .fx files are going to FSX/Effects-folder. (Not the whole folder you received) Herb

I'm wondering do I have the T45 installed correctly, In the Readme it says to unzip (Extract ??) to FSX/Sim Objects/Airplanes folder, but when I do that it doesn't show up in the FSX planes menu, but when I unzip it to a temp folder on my desktop then copy & paste the Boeing T-45C folder into the FSX/Sim Objects/Airplanes folder it shows up, also the readme says move the fx_navorange_t45.fx from the Boeing T45 effects folder to the FSX effects folder, what about the other .fx files in the T-45 effects folder, shouldn't they be put somewhere too ?.    Thanks guys

Herbie

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 10:37:46 pm »
Hello Jymp!
Not in my Computer. I'm on the Nimitz. Herb

Very nice bird, although it seems to bury the front tires in the tarmac a bit and sit with a tail high attitude.

Jymp

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2011, 10:55:51 pm »
Ok, I did put the fx_navorange_t45.fx into the FSX Effects folder, but do I also need to put the fx_beacon_t45, fx_strobe_t45 & fx_vclight_t45 into the FSX Effects folder as well ?

Herbie

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2011, 11:42:43 pm »
Yes, All those .fx files go into FSX Effects-folder. I said 4 .fx files before. Herb

Ok, I did put the fx_navorange_t45.fx into the FSX Effects folder, but do I also need to put the fx_beacon_t45, fx_strobe_t45 & fx_vclight_t45 into the FSX Effects folder as well ?

Jymp

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 12:44:26 am »
Thanks Herb, I guess those other lights are somewhat optional, seeing the strobe in the cockpit could be annoying to some, realistic to others  ?