Author Topic: Disappearing Scenery  (Read 4887 times)

dmbusmc

Disappearing Scenery
« on: May 22, 2011, 11:40:19 pm »
Hi, I have Hawaiian Aiports V.1 and Honolulu for FSX. I'm running Windows 7 and have FSX w/ Acceleration. Every so often, when I fly to either Hilo or Lihue, I get there and none of the scenery is there. The runways are there, but none of the airport buildings, custom vehicles, or trees are there. The surrounding areas with default FSX scenery are all still there, and so are all the autogen trees.

I always have the issue starting from another airport and flying to one of the two. Two recent flights I will give as an example. One, three days ago, was from Kahului (PHOG), direct Lihue. Got there, no scenery. Next flight was just an hour ago. McCarren (KLAS) to Lihue. Got to Lihue and same thing. These examples are both for Lihue, but I have had the same issue with Hilo.

Times I don't ever have the problem- I have never had a problem when I start at one of the two airports. I have never had the problem if I start at Hilo, and fly to Lihue, or Lihue to Hilo.

I have not had this problem at all with Honolulu.

This issue occurs sparingly, but is still disappointing, especially when I do a long 5 hour + flight to one of the airports and nothing is there to greet me. It was frustrating today so I am seeking support. I thought maybe it could be that I need to download a service pack, as I see 1.4 has recently been released. I am not sure which version I have installed, so if you could point me in the direction of finding that, it would be great. Also, if that service pack (assuming it is inclusive of previous updates), might solve my issue that would be awesome and would be a great first step. Let me know what you think, thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Disappearing Scenery
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 09:16:18 am »
The usual question:

when the scenery disappear, do you have the "Couatl powered addons" menu in the menu bar ? Also, check the following folder:

%APPDATA%\VIRTUALI

and see if you have a Couatl.err file inside, if yes, please post its content.

dmbusmc

Re: Disappearing Scenery
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 12:45:30 pm »
I will have to wait to see if I can get the scenery to disappear again, then I can check whether or not Couatl still remains in the menu. I'll try today, see what I can do. Also, there is no Couatl.err file in my appdata file, just a file called "KeyMappings".