Author Topic: SDK Traffic Toolbox Explorer  (Read 5331 times)

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
SDK Traffic Toolbox Explorer
« on: March 10, 2008, 05:15:05 pm »
hey, i have some questions about the SDK, i know that microbrewst knows stuff about the SDK, if anyone else does and want to help, it also would be cool  ::)

great thing you can add ai trafic, position 'em, etc, but i noticed a few things

1. i added 4 planes in a formation, same altitude, same heading, and i noticed that after some time they'll get kinda loose, slightly changing the heading and breaking the formation. wich sucks, because i wanted to make an AI squad flying in formation, but i couldnt... is it possible to make em fly straight in formation?

2. i positioned some f-18s by my side on the ground, to do what micro said, to make em all open the canopy, sending key events, and it works, but after that, i tried to make em fold the wings, and this key event doesnt work, neither the tailhook event, in fact the only animations that worked are the control surfaces and the canopy. is there a way to make the traffic animate other stuff?

3. i was trying to simulate inflight refuel, so i added a kc-130 as ai traffic, aligned with it, extended my refueling probe, and started to look for it's key event to expand his refueling drogues, but theres no such thing, so after some time i find out that some animations (most of the custom animations like the refuel drogues) are scripted, and not key events, is it possible to make AI traffic perform scripts?

4. last one: after being unsuccessful on everything i wanted to do because of (what i think to be) game limitations (again), i tried to make the opposite, control the kc-130 and add an f-18, but either i couldnt find the key event to extend the refueling probe of the hornet, and also, the hornet passed me by as soon as i positioned him. is it possible to control added AI traffic 's speed?

thanks people
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 05:09:43 am by fael097 »

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
Re: SDK Traffic Toolbox Explorer
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 05:10:44 am »
i posted this question on 4 different forums, and no replies, not just no answers, but no replies at all  :P
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 07:58:02 am by fael097 »

reider

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 11:48:52 am »
Perhaps nobody knows how yet, give it time.  I`m going to be looking at using the winch in free flight with the lifting objects from the missions, using the SDK to compile.  It all takes time, someone will make a breakthrough.  I have about 6 projects on the go at once, all in varying forms.  Then if one is waiting on further research I can at least carry on with another for the time being.  If I`m hitting a mental block with another then I take a break from it and carry on with another one and so on.  All of a sudden I see a few projects nearly all ready at once and it gives me the impetus to continue.  Chill and relax a little, the knowledge will flow all the more.  I get most ideas on fixing problems when I`m not even thinking about it, strange but true.  Occasionally mix it all by taking some flights and give your mind time to rest.

Reider

micro

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 12:52:10 pm »
Hey, Fael. I'm in Dallas right now finishing my upgrade stuff and really don't have time for fun, but when I get back home I'll look into your questions and see if I can't help. From my experience, anything is possible; you just have to know how to work the system 8).