Author Topic: FS9 and Win 7 64 bit - PHNL and prior  (Read 3433 times)

pierrec

FS9 and Win 7 64 bit - PHNL and prior
« on: May 08, 2011, 07:25:47 pm »
Hello,

I have a Windows 7 64 bits system but only a Core 2 Duo (6750), so using FSX is only for islands and small scenery.  For Large airports (KDFW, PHNL, KORD, KJFK), I tried the demo and FSX can't keep up acceptable frame rate with this system.  So for large airports, I use FS9 and it works great.  However, I see that FSDT scenery prior to and including PHNL are only compatible with 32 bits operating systems.  I am a bit surprise since all my commercial scenery (imaginesim, Flytampa (even old ones like San Diego)) are compatible with Win 7 64, although I often have to declare the scenery manually in the in FS9.  But they work.

Why are the FSDT scenery prior to PHNL not 64 bits compliant?  Will there be a patched?

Thanks

Pierre

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FS9 and Win 7 64 bit - PHNL and prior
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 08:32:14 pm »
All our sceneries are compatibile with 64 bit os. We don't even test them anymore on 32 bit OS right now, because all of us is using 64 bit Windows 7.

The only reason why sceneries for FS9 are not listed as being compatible, it's because we haven't updated their webpages...

however, specifications in the web page aren't so important and shouldn't be taken to the letter, since all our products have a TRIAL version and, if you download it, you can verify yourself how the scenery works on your system.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 10:53:43 pm »
Yes I can confirm, there is NO problem with FSDT products on a 64 bit system ;) ALWAYS remember to installed it as administrator, if you are using Vista or Win7. 
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

pierrec

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 12:12:28 am »
That is great news!  Thanks for the quick response  :)