Developer's Backdoor > GSX Backdoor

Any New Previews????

<< < (3/4) > >>

Anders Bermann:
Well...

I get very nice FPS in FSX - if I had to say so myself... I have for a long time, dragged porting to FSX - mainly because I couldn't assemble a system, which could run FSX with the level of detail and FPS which I wanted... (I'm quite demanding regarding this!)

I finally ported... I and WON'T go back to FS9!!! FSX offers much more than FS9 IMO... Also, FSDT's sceneries really looks nice! Mainly because the higher resolution of textures and the shaders offered/and used to create waters/wave effects etc...

For instance... I get around 30-40 FPS (smooth framerates) over L.A (or similar cities/dense areas) with Ground Environment Xtreme, Ultimate Terrain X and (of course) Real Environment Xtreme installed! - Using ActiveSky Evolution for weather implementation!
Both night and day... (day in general a little higher). I have ALL settings to the MAX! All the way to the right... Running in DX9 mode... (mainly because some sceneries/addons doesn't support/work well with DX10)... Light Bloom, Anti-aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering enabled. This is typically in e.g Level-D 767, QualityWings 757 or PMDG's 747...
At larger addon airports (e.g FSDreamTeam KJFK, or FlightBeam's KSFO) in dense city areas (with high autogen) the FPS is around 20-30...

Uhh, I purchased all the parts as individual pieces - and assembled everything myself... I payed around 1.200 Euros for it in total... including the screen...

I'm very happy with it! The only thing, I should upgrade soon, is a little more RAM... I'm planning to get 4GB more... :)

Intel's Sandy-Bridge architecture is just phenomenal!!! I'm really amazed at the performance...

theshack440:
Thank you very much for your reply. I hear that Sandy Bridge is indeed the best for FSX on many levels. Sounds like you are having a blast with FS eh?  ;D Your setup looks amazing. I will certainly take what you said into consideration for my next computer. Thanks for your help, happy flying!

Regards

cmpbllsjc:

--- Quote from: theshack440 on May 09, 2011, 03:23:42 am ---
--- Quote from: virtuali on May 08, 2011, 08:33:00 pm ---That's for sure.

--- End quote ---

Nice, hopefully, it'll be before the end of May! Can't wait,

Regards

--- End quote ---

I doubt it will be May. I'm thinking by the 4th of July so we can celebrate our independence from the default KLAX.

I wonder which will be first LAX or NGX?

theshack440:

--- Quote from: cmpbllsjc on May 11, 2011, 09:20:10 am ---
I doubt it will be May. I'm thinking by the 4th of July so we can celebrate our independence from the default KLAX.

I wonder which will be first LAX or NGX?

--- End quote ---

That's exactly what I have been thinking about recently with PMDG releasing liveries and talking about release as if it is very soon. I always thought KLAX would be first but it seems unclear at this point.

Anders Bermann:
Really? Is the 737NGX THAT close for release?

Wow...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version