Author Topic: Cannot activate product  (Read 3405 times)

jasonarmstrong

Cannot activate product
« on: May 08, 2011, 09:56:21 pm »
Hello,

I have never had this problem in the past but i upgraded computers and installed windows 7 on my PC. I install one of your scenery's and when I load fsx i allow addon manager, etc to make changes by selecting 'yes' onon all the screens that came up. When i load up the scenery it is installed, previousl yi would go onto addon manager on the top and activate my product with my serial key. The addon manager option is not there. Any help how to get this back so that I can activate the product please? I did attempt to individually install addon manager after as well and no luck..

Thanks so much

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannot activate product
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 10:05:46 pm »
Try this:

- Uninstall the sceneries. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- Be sure you are using the current version of the sceneries installer, not an old download you might have. If unsure, download the installers again.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

jasonarmstrong

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 10:39:46 pm »
Before anything, thank you for the quick reply.

I attempted exactly what you asked, when i loaded FSX i ran and added as trusted software for both addonmanager and coualt engine. loaded up the scenery and still does not give me the drop down that would show addon manager and coualt.

jasonarmstrong

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 10:59:30 pm »
not sure if this makes any difference, but i installed AES and same idea...so evidently its something with my fsx specifically. any ideas?

jasonarmstrong

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 03:29:09 am »
reinstalling fsx resolved the issue! Thanks