Author Topic: FSDT Ground static scenery  (Read 3382 times)

sonebone

FSDT Ground static scenery
« on: April 22, 2011, 03:05:40 pm »
I have all the scenery from FSDT FS9 and truly enjoy the realism. That being said is there a way I can somehow incorporate the files for the ground equipment to work with my ez scenery placement program? For instance the American airlines ground equipment for DFW has no bag loaders for one of the terminals where another terminal does. So I would like to add these....Also I would like to add more ground equipment for other FSDT sceneries. Is this somehow possible?   Thank you
E6850 3GB, 4 GB ram, 500GB sata 2 HD, EVGA 470 GTX, Windows XP

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Ground static scenery
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 10:12:20 pm »
Sorry, not possible, since objects are not made to be reusable, but to offer the best performances possible, so they are not easily detached and moved in other places.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: FSDT Ground static scenery
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 01:38:51 am »
You'll have to use objects from another library since the FSDT objects aren't available.

Just be aware that using objects from other libraries will probably cause a slight hit to performance since most default or other library objects aren't usually as FPS friendly as the FSDT ones are.

A while back I add some extra objects to some parking spots that I frequently use in some FSDT airports due to the particular gate and airliner I was flying, but it did cost some FPS, and if you go crazy adding to much stuff you will surely take a performance hit.

I onced added a boat load of static a/c and ground equipment to one FSDT airport and after I was done and took a test flight it ended up costing me about 10 FPS and I ended up deleting most of the objects I added.