Author Topic: My Move to FSX  (Read 6690 times)

VX4ever

• Next Stop Los Angeles Intl Airport
My Move to FSX
« on: April 15, 2011, 04:31:55 pm »
Well after nearly 6 months of owning a copy of FSX I finally built my computer from the ground up and let me just say that was a exciting challenge in itself, from waiting for the first post to out of stock items, 1600 bought me a good mid range FSX computer, anyways installed FSX 2 days ago loving it in HD! originally wanted to put both FSX and FS9 on my secondary HDD but i don't think I can bare to put that DC3 splash screen on this bad boy! I know I have spent countless hours with you and dollars but your just not thrilling anymore, R.I.P FS9 at least for me!

I5-2500K
4Ghz. Rip Jaw G Skill Mem.
P8P67 Mobo b3. version
1 Tb. WD Caviar Black Sata 6 HDD
500 Mb. WD Caviar Black Sata 6 HDD
Corsair 600W PSU

Silverbird

Re: My Move to FSX
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 05:19:22 pm »
Well after nearly 6 months of owning a copy of FSX I finally built my computer from the ground up and let me just say that was a exciting challenge in itself, from waiting for the first post to out of stock items, 1600 bought me a good mid range FSX computer, anyways installed FSX 2 days ago loving it in HD! originally wanted to put both FSX and FS9 on my secondary HDD but i don't think I can bare to put that DC3 splash screen on this bad boy! I know I have spent countless hours with you and dollars but your just not thrilling anymore, R.I.P FS9 at least for me!

I5-2500K
4Ghz. Rip Jaw G Skill Mem.
P8P67 Mobo b3. version
1 Tb. WD Caviar Black Sata 6 HDD
500 Mb. WD Caviar Black Sata 6 HDD
Corsair 600W PSU

That's really awesome VX4ever!  ;D I loved every minute of building my new system welcome to the 2500k club! :D lol so far it has been really wonderful and now I can enjoy so much better my fantastic fsdt airports now with gsx coming its the icing on the cake. :D

I'm still missing a few things like a new monitor and new video card but I'm getting there little by little, my  wife had to buy a new HDTV for the living room, the 9600gt so far plays anything I throw at it like dragon age 2 crysis 2 etc etc of course at lower resolution but i can live with that for now so congratulations on the new system.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 05:36:44 pm by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

01pewterz28

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 10:10:04 pm »
Welcome to the club I did the FSX switch 4 months ago I am sad to say i have not started FS9 since. What did it for me was the new SFO and LAX scenery.

I am how ever bummed I cannot find a good Airbus that works with FSX (Aerosoft Airbus I cannot get the  throttles to work this is a known bug so for now I am out $45 for that) and I cannot find a good B777 package for FSX other than that I love FSX.

Sean

Anders Bermann

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 07:52:42 pm »
Nice computer!

I myself, has recently moved to FSX! And I must say, that I'm not dissapointed so far... ;) It's just smooth sailing!
Also, all FSDT's sceneries really are justified with the support for higher texture resolutions on the ground... The only thing, which bugs me with FSX, is the yellow-tint issue... but that can be somewhat resolved with ENBSeries... ;)
If you don't mind me asking... What graphics-card are you using for this rig? :)

@ 01pewterz28
What are your problems with the throttles in the Airbus X? I have it, and are very satisfied with it! And I've had no throttle-related issues with it... (actually no issues so far...)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:55:02 pm by Musjo »
Best regards, Anders

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 09:09:01 pm »
The only thing, which bugs me with FSX, is the yellow-tint issue... but that can be somewhat resolved with ENBSeries... ;)

I never noticed any yellow tint in FSX, but I do agree that the ENB is one of the best things that ever visually came along to use in FSX, although it wasn't even originally designed for FSX. When tweaked to the best realisitc settings its amazing how much better it can make both FSX and FS9 look, also makes night time look like night time rahter than just a dark washout. I cant even imagine flying without ENB now. Sometime I hit Shift F12 to turn it off for a second to compare, but now I hate the default look.

I can see how some people are put off by ENB though since some people over do it in screen shots and make everything look way too dark or way to bloomy(ie).

Silverbird

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 09:21:10 pm »
The only thing, which bugs me with FSX, is the yellow-tint issue... but that can be somewhat resolved with ENBSeries... ;)

I never noticed any yellow tint in FSX, but I do agree that the ENB is one of the best things that ever visually came along to use in FSX, although it wasn't even originally designed for FSX. When tweaked to the best realisitc settings its amazing how much better it can make both FSX and FS9 look, also makes night time look like night time rahter than just a dark washout. I cant even imagine flying without ENB now. Sometime I hit Shift F12 to turn it off for a second to compare, but now I hate the default look.

I can see how some people are put off by ENB though since some people over do it in screen shots and make everything look way too dark or way to bloomy(ie).

I have to agree some people over do it way to much, which  becomes to dark to even see anything especially in screenshots I still have to try the mod out in fsx.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 11:10:03 pm »
I have to agree some people over do it way to much, which  becomes to dark to even see anything especially in screenshots I still have to try the mod out in fsx.

You'll love it. I've been working on it on and off for a few months now and finally have it just about perfect in my eye vs. what I see in real life. I've tried many settings, NickN's, the one from the ORBX guys and also the one Tim at REX did, but didn't really like any of them because they were either too bright or messed up the night to much by making it overly dark or the colors way to bright at night. It wasn't until I found FengZ's settings on Avsim a long time ago and used his as a base point then adjusted from there, now I have a good looking "believable" setting but am still working just a tad on the daytime darkening so that its not too dark on sunny days.

Silverbird

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 12:26:52 am »
Cool  :) Ill have to dig for that post on avsim 8) I remember reading about  FengZ's settings in that thread over at avsim, but I had forgotten about it.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Anders Bermann

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 06:40:38 pm »
Sounds very interesting...

Couldn't you share your settings with us here? Please? :)
Currently I have Tim's ENBSeries from the REX forum... but I agree, that it does needs some modifications... I'm very curious, regarding you settings, since you've said that you have a "believable" setting... :)

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 06:42:26 pm by Musjo »
Best regards, Anders