Author Topic: New PC build, activated, but scenery disappears  (Read 4968 times)

ryanbatcund

New PC build, activated, but scenery disappears
« on: April 02, 2011, 02:51:53 pm »
I have both your JFK and ORD sceneries.  Yesterday I finally got FSX reinstalled after a fairly large PC upgrade.  I reactivated both sceneries like normal.  But at JFK, about 5 minutes later, all the scenery vanished (except the gates and signage), almost like it was in trial mode.  I have addon manager running and I used that to activate right in FSX.

What might be the issue?

Win7 x64 SP1, UAC off, no anti virus yet installed.
FSX Acceleration

edit: I've also looked through this thread:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4171.0
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 02:57:48 pm by ryanbatcund »

Silverbird

Re: New PC build, activated, but scenery disappears
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 05:19:27 pm »
Ryan thats strange have you tired running downloading the standalone add-on manger which is on any of the products page and reinstall it again maybe something went wrong.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

ryanbatcund

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 06:48:53 pm »
Ryan thats strange have you tired running downloading the standalone add-on manger which is on any of the products page and reinstall it again maybe something went wrong.

No, I'm at work right now and I'll give it a try later, thanks

ryanbatcund

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 12:22:04 am »
It all appears normal now.... maybe it was just something flaky from yesterday.

SgtMav316

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 02:20:10 pm »
The same exact thing just happened me yesterday when I installed KJFK and PHNL on FSX! You say it works fine now, so I will run FSX later today to check it out and see if it is one of those you need to refresh the computer by shutting down and restarting the sim! Maybe it is a memory cache glitch and the memory needs to refresh so that it reads the scenery is suppose to be active!

I am in the middle of Splinter Cell Conviction (Aweessoome game), so I will have to check that out later today! At least you got a response!