Author Topic: United Flt 494 ORD To DSM  (Read 10995 times)

SirIsaac726

Re: United Flt 494 ORD To DSM
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 06:58:44 pm »
Look above for the answer.......... ;)

I see that now, and I stand by what I said.  Your computer just isn't going to handle good settings while still getting good FPS.  You may have good FPS while you are flying over water at 33,000 ft. but get anywhere near a city, add in any sort of weather or addons or even a little AI and I bet your system is begging for mercy.

I don't mean this in a rude way but your FSX screenshots/videos really don't look all that good graphically...I'm assuming that is because you have most settings turned down to be able to achieve anything beyond a slideshow.

To be honest, I'd say you should have at least a Quad Core (I'd really have something like an i5 or i7 now as they keep getting cheaper), at least 4 GB of RAM (although more would certainly be better).  By the way, I've never heard of any graphics card have 1024 GB. :P I believe you mean 1024 MB or 1 GB.  Also, are you sure you overclocked your processor from 2 GHz to nearly 6 GHz.  I'm far from an expert on computers but nearly tripling your processing speed sounds nuts.

PUP4ORD

• UA777
Re: United Flt 494 ORD To DSM
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 10:52:50 pm »
Look above for the answer.......... ;)

I see that now, and I stand by what I said.  Your computer just isn't going to handle good settings while still getting good FPS.  You may have good FPS while you are flying over water at 33,000 ft. but get anywhere near a city, add in any sort of weather or addons or even a little AI and I bet your system is begging for mercy.

I don't mean this in a rude way but your FSX screenshots/videos really don't look all that good graphically...I'm assuming that is because you have most settings turned down to be able to achieve anything beyond a slideshow.

To be honest, I'd say you should have at least a Quad Core (I'd really have something like an i5 or i7 now as they keep getting cheaper), at least 4 GB of RAM (although more would certainly be better).  By the way, I've never heard of any graphics card have 1024 GB. :P I believe you mean 1024 MB or 1 GB.  Also, are you sure you overclocked your processor from 2 GHz to nearly 6 GHz.  I'm far from an expert on computers but nearly tripling your processing speed sounds nuts.
Yes the video card IS 1GB. Most of the addons I have are airports and airplanes by far no weather or terrain features. I have checked multiple times to see that my processor has actually overclocked at that speed and it has and while a few ideas I have had in changing the processor(next practical level) I keep all my options open for the time being.
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????