Author Topic: KSFO RELEASED!!!!  (Read 8513 times)

PUP4ORD

• UA777
KSFO RELEASED!!!!
« on: March 02, 2011, 04:03:32 pm »
Let the flights begin everybody :o :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

Frank Lindberg

Re: KSFO RELEASED!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 04:17:09 pm »
Yes, but only for fsx  :(
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 05:53:50 pm »
That's right :) Cheer up Frank, The FS9 version will come along. ;)

jlaporte

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 06:26:42 pm »
where?

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 06:27:32 pm »
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

jlaporte

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 06:29:25 pm »
Thanks

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 07:01:13 pm »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 09:14:54 pm »
I bought it last night and its very good, especially for a first release from a new company.

The only two faults of it that I can see vs. FSDT airports is that it doesn't have moving jetways which isn't that big of a deal for me and they weren't able to make runways or taxiways that make use of wet textures when it rains, other than that it is well done and easy on FPS.

In my book I still think that FSDT is the tops for combining complex airports that are highly detailed without wrecking FPS, followed closely by FlyTampa and now Flightbean, with ORBX brining up the rear.

01pewterz28

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 02:48:35 am »
I bought it last night and its very good, especially for a first release from a new company.

The only two faults of it that I can see vs. FSDT airports is that it doesn't have moving jetways which isn't that big of a deal for me and they weren't able to make runways or taxiways that make use of wet textures when it rains, other than that it is well done and easy on FPS.

In my book I still think that FSDT is the tops for combining complex airports that are highly detailed without wrecking FPS, followed closely by FlyTampa and now Flightbean, with ORBX brining up the rear.

Moving jetways will come via ASE they have said.

Sean

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 03:48:08 am »

Sean
You mean AES ;) :)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 04:55:14 am »
...followed closely by FlyTampa and now Flightbean, with ORBX brining up the rear.

Seriously?  You put Flightbeam ahead of ORBX?  I have everything John Venema and company have released, and the only airport that gives me any fps issues is Brisbane.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 08:22:31 am »
Seriously?  You put Flightbeam ahead of ORBX?  I have everything John Venema and company have released, and the only airport that gives me any fps issues is Brisbane.

Yep, you heard right, but I am talking about just ORBX airports not the ground textures, landclass, etc.

Here's the reason. I own PNW and AU SP3 and the following airports: KORS, Cairns, Brisbane, Coffs (Came with SP3 download), Melbourne, and Canberra. Granted the airports have their own respective Control Panels where you can uncheck features to gain performance, but none the less, I find them to be way less optimized than the airports by FSDT, FlyTampa and Flightbeam.

Just to be clear, I am not saying that I think ORBX airports look bad, because they dont, however I am not really impressed with the performance unless you uncheck some/a lot of the scenery items. Granted they all perform well when you are flying around them in simple g/a type a/c, but once you load up the major hubs and fly into them with something like the PMDG 747 or LDS 767, then the performance can be a little less than desirable unless you uncheck some of the features, where as FSDT airports dont suffer the same fate due to the way addon manager loads and off loads scenery objects, and FSDT seems to LOD their objects more than most other scenery designers. A good example is the wheels on ground vehicles at often dont appear until they are closer.

In all fairness to ORBX, they never claim to create super FPS friendly stuff, even John has said so himself, and that if you plan on using the larger hubs with a fair amount of options checked, lots of AI, and a complex a/c, you better have a newer/faster computer with lots of RAM.

I had put of buying PNW and AU SP3 for a long time, basically since their products first came out and it wasn't until the Christmas sale that I took the plunge and basically bought all the products I mentioned in the course of two days. I had put it off all that time because I primarly fly airliners and didn't think it would really be cost effective and that good of a purchase decision for me since I wouldn't really get my monies worth at 30k feet. Having said that, I bought it all anyway because it was a good deal and frankly, aside from tooling around KORS in helicopters and other light a/c, I haven't even used the scenery much because I cant get the KSEA or KPDX area ground textures to stay in focus when flying an airliner or at speeds of greater than 150 kts. Granted this is probably because I have a older CPU (E8400 @ 3.85ghz), still run XP 32bit, and only have 2 GB of RAM, however I can fly the same areas (KSEA/KPDX) using GEX textures, complex a/c, and loads of AI and suffer no ill effects of blurry textures. Trust me, I have tried all sorts of combinations of autogen and scenery complexity settings, but when flying tubes, those areas just dont perform well for me, in light a/c they work fine, but not with tubes on my rig.

I haven't even flown AU yet, except to test different airports with varying amounts of stuff unchecked. I can say that I have found pretty decent compromises at those airports, but none the less I wish I had stuck to my gut feeling and not purchased the AU stuff since its been almost 3 months now and still have absolutely no desire to fly around Austrailia. BTW, the only airport that I have found in AU that really sucks the life out of FPS is Canberra, and apparently I am not the only one since there are a fair amount of people asking for a performance patch for that field.

Lastly, in regards to ORBX airports, I am not really fond of the way they do the ground textures for the airports using those mega sized photo bgl's. I wish they could find a way to do it like FSDT did the ground textures for KDFW. However, they dont use an engine like FSDT does to add/subtrack objects so it is what it is.

All I can do is compare their products against other products I already own and make a judgement based on how they perform on my rig. When I can fly into FSDT's KDFW or Flightbeams KSFO and maintain FPS in the mid to high 20's with a lot of AI buzzing around and other scenery objects present, then compare it to what ORBX products give me, I would have to say that for me personally FSDT and Flightbeam wins hands down on performance and amount of scenery objects vs. ORBX stuff.

I dont wish I could get a refund on all the stuff I had purchased since I got all PNW Blue and AU SP3 and 6 airports for just a little over $200, but if John sent me an email saying he would gladly refund my money I would probably take him up on his offer since I just cant get into Austrailia, the PNW and flying small g/a aircraft, which is what their products seem to be mainly geared to, with the exception of Austrailia since they offer some large hubs.

I think that one of the best and worst assets of ORBX is that they have a lot of people working on stuff which is good because it allows them to develope large areas in less time. However, and this is just an assumption on my part, due to having a lot of people working on different airports can also mean that each developer can had a different level of skills and knowledge which can ultimately lead to some airports being really FPS friendly and other airports like Canberra being FPS hogs despite its small size when compared to Melbourne or Cairns which deliver fairly good performance and are bigger airports. I would be willing to bet that if all those airports had been done by FSDT, they would look just as good and most likely perform much better without the need for unchecking objects.

In the mean time, I just leave the ORBX Control Panel set to "Default FSX" and continue to enjoy all my FSDT and FlyTampa airports in the US, and now Flightbeam's KSFO. When I get the urge for some g/a action I will enable ORBX and go to KORS or any of the other areas I bought.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 08:29:47 am »

Yeah, that maybe true, but I am not going to buy AES credits just to get the jetways to move, when FSDT airports include moving jetways as a standard feature. I have never gone for AES and now that GSX is comming out, I surely will never buy AES credits. If the developer cant figure out or want to take the time to get the jetways to work like FSDT has done, then I will just live with it since its not that big of a deal to me. That being said, if FSDT can make moving jetways standard, I dont know why FlyTampa, Flightbeam, and Aerosoft cant do the same. Well in the case of Aerosoft its probably just because they want people to buy AES, but FlyTampa did moving jetways at TNCM, but left them out in other airports.

Moving jetways aside, the Flightbeam KSFO is really well done, especially considering its their first try at an airport. Honestly I was really surprised at how well it performs. I knew it would look good after seeing the screen shots, but I honestly didn't think the performance would be as good as it is. Now I am excited for them to release the first patch to clear up a few little things and it will be pretty close to perfect.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 06:26:24 pm »
Out of curiosity, have you gone to the support page to check for updates?  You've purchased SP3, so you're entitled to a free download of SP4.  Coffs has also been updated to 1.5, with TextureFlow and PeopleFlow technologies.  The object library has been updated a couple times since the Christmas sale.  I'm really surprised that you purchased PNW, but most of your airports are in Australia.  You're missing out on some real sweet GA airports like Starks, Darrington, and Concrete.  Have you downloaded the freeware airports for PNW, Portland and Vashon/Wax Orchard?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:28:06 pm by Bruce Hamilton »
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 09:27:41 pm »
Out of curiosity, have you gone to the support page to check for updates?  You've purchased SP3, so you're entitled to a free download of SP4.  Coffs has also been updated to 1.5, with TextureFlow and PeopleFlow technologies.  

I am up to date for the most part. I have not yet downloaded SP4 for AU, but did the PNW .003 and .003a patches already when I purchased the PNW. I have not yet downloaded the Coffs update either.

The object library has been updated a couple times since the Christmas sale.  

I have the latest library prior to the AU SP4 update which I believe was from Dec. However, if and when I download SP4 and the Coffs update, I will also be sure to download and install the newest library.

I'm really surprised that you purchased PNW, but most of your airports are in Australia.  You're missing out on some real sweet GA airports like Starks, Darrington, and Concrete.  

LOL, yeah the only one I was really interested in was KORS since I use to have the FS9 version. I will say that KORS has no FPS impact and is really well done as I am sure Starks, Darrington, and Concrete are, but I am so disinterested in those types of fields that I know for me personally it would be a waste to buy them.

Have you downloaded the freeware airports for PNW, Portland and Vashon/Wax Orchard?

All I have installed on the freeware front so far is the Portland city and Vashon/Wax Orchard package. They are really well done, but I haven't downloaded any of the other OZx freeware stuff at all because I know I wouldn't use any of it and it would just occupy space on my HD.

It's so ironic that I can't get into g/a flying in the sim, because in real life I am a low hour g/a pilot (~60 hours) hahaha. I dont know why, but as much as I love flying small a/c in real life, doing it in the sim is like watching paint dry, for me at least. Although i'm sure the same could be said when people wonder how some of us get joy from flying airliners in the sim, where your so high that you cant really see anything and your on autopilot for much of the time. I guess for me flying airliners in the sim just offers an experience of something that I cant do in real life, plus I am not really into the Seattle area or the PNW that much in real life. Had they done an area like south Florida then I would probably change my tune.

One of these days I will probably download the SP4 and Coffs update for AU. For now I just am not really interest in flying there and am not in any real hurry to spend the time downloading, installing, and doing another defrag.

If you think that is funny or odd that I bought all that stuff and dont even like or use it much, you will get a laugh out of this.

When IRIS had the $5 sale I bought the F-14, Christen Eagle, and A-10. Its been around 3 months now and I haven't even installed the A-10 yet. I read that it came with like 80 paints or something to that effect and once I read that I though about the pain in the butt it will be to sort thru the ones I dont want and delete them and edit the a/c cfg file to reflect only the paints I want installed. I just hate having my a/c menu filled with hundreds of paints for a/c that I dont want or need. Plus its a hassel if you delete one paint and it ends up being a fall back texture for another model/paint, then I have to figure out which one to put back. Love the Eagle though, but already discarded the F-14 since I ended up not liking it much.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 09:34:44 pm by cmpbllsjc »