Author Topic: KLAS - Just Arrived  (Read 8490 times)

ThePilotGuy

KLAS - Just Arrived
« on: December 23, 2010, 07:49:49 am »
1st Pic: Just arrived
2nd pic: looking at the plane you arrived in from the terminal

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/6841/fsx2010122210342374.png
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1420/fsx2010122209594163.png

skimmer

Re: KLAS - Just Arrived
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 08:48:36 am »
Nice job, and its fun making them. :)

NG Pilot

• Who needs Airbus when you have Boeing!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 04:39:51 am »
Very cool indeed. 8)

cowings1588

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 01:28:10 am »
Very Nice.. Looks great...  I can't decide which Vegas scenery I want to use on mine..  Aerosoft has one out now that looks somewhat better than Mega Scenery but then I was looking at one of the screen shots on there's & I don't know if its just the screen shot that made it look that way but MGM building looked kind of blurry in the screen shot.. Although it is just that a screen shot & I can't really go by that but if it is indeed blurry then I'd be better off to go with Mega but if its clear & better then Mega & will work good with FSDT Airport for Vegas then I'm deffantly getting Aerosoft's version instead..  Just really made my mind up yet on which one I want to use for my city scenery for Vegas..  They Both make Vegas look pretty awsome..  :)

I'll probably go with Aerosoft version probably though.. 

Anyway your screen shots look awsome man..  Can hardly wait to get my Vegas FSDT scenery but first I gotta get the outside Airport scenery on before I can put my Airport scenery on.. I was told thats the best way to making sure they work good is too put the city scenery or Mesh scenery before the Airport scenery...

Waiting for you too make a video of you flying into Vegas using Southwest..
COA
Bill

ThePilotGuy

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 08:02:51 am »
OOhhh yeah I was planning to make a vid ;)
I'll post it here when i make it (I actually just got home from an actual commercial airliner flight). :)
Oh and I will be getting the Megascenery scenery. This is because I am happy with the default FS buildings for Las Vegas and Megascenery has a much larger photoreal coverage than Aerosoft, which only has a few patches over Las Vegas. I'm not sure but I think megascenery does a better job on photoreal texture night lighting.

SRAces

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 06:51:45 pm »
Here are some shots with the Megascenery Las Vegas and FSDT KLAS scenery installed.  I'm not sure what is causing the 2 bonfire looking instances visible in some of the shots.  It's also curious to note that the ramp lights on the poles do not come on for all the terminals.  On this early dawn flight, just the lights over the "C" gates came on.  I've had the lights come on for just the "D" gates and nothing else.

Probably something on my end, but will look into it.  Love the airport!  Great product!

SRAces

« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 07:16:15 pm by SRAces »
Steve Stubbs
USAF (Retired)
Lake Park, GA

Intel I7-950 @ 3.7GHz, ASUS Sabretooth X58 motherboard, 18GB RAM, Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Case, Corsai X70 water cooling, EVGA GTX 780 and EVGA GTX570, etc.

theshack440

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 01:08:23 am »
wow love the images. Just a magnificent view and scenery combination!
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 01:44:22 am »
Pictures are truly breathtaking. :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

SRAces

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 02:03:24 am »
Thanks!  I just loaded the default weather and textures.  Plan on playing around with my REX2 settings to see what I can come up with.  I'll try and upload 3-4 daytime shots for comparison.  I use the Nellis AFB scenery from Military AI Works (free).  It's a nice addition.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (Retired)
Lake Park, GA

Intel I7-950 @ 3.7GHz, ASUS Sabretooth X58 motherboard, 18GB RAM, Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Case, Corsai X70 water cooling, EVGA GTX 780 and EVGA GTX570, etc.

SRAces

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 10:29:53 pm »
Here are 2 good examples of the default "fair" weather versus "real" weather downloaded through REX2.  It's an interesting comparison.  I was stationed at Nellis AFB back in the mid 70s.  There were times where it did get a little hazy depending on the season.  The KLAS scenery looks great in both settings.

SRAces
Steve Stubbs
USAF (Retired)
Lake Park, GA

SRAces

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 10:32:18 pm »
I thought I'd throw in some dawn, day, dusk and night overhead comparisons as well.

SRAces
Steve Stubbs
USAF (Retired)
Lake Park, GA