Author Topic: Sludge Hornet v1.2 "Integrator" Video  (Read 54097 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: Sludge Hornet v1.2 "Integrator" Video
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 11:07:32 am »
Chams...

I was there too

Where?  Bahrain?  With what squadron?  VMFA-314?  Those Hornets were flying all the time.  Actually I know you werent, youre not tough enough to be a Marine.  So what did you do?  Navy food services subcontractor?  Its called "credibility", Chams.  So far, you dont have any and Im just trying to help you build some.  Since youre trying hard to be the Nav Av SME on this site, from your supposed "real world" criticisms.

Also, JR/Scott have done the HUD/Gauges, MicroProductions have done the video, and Ray & others have done paint schemes, tweaks, effects, installer, etc.  What exactly have you done ?

Yes, JR/Scott have done the HUD and the Realistic/Combat HUD.  JJ has done the videos.  Ray has done the paints.  I have done the tweaks (fa-18.air, aircraft.cfg, panel.cfg), the G-Vapor/EG Smoke effects, the .XMLs for those effects to work, tweak/modded Serge's ALA assembly lights, tested, assisted and helped adapt Serge's Sound Pack to the Sludge Hornet, adjusted the default viewpoints, moved all the effects to the [smoke] sections (after Orion's persistent pushing), worked to integrate Serge's gauges to cooperate with JR's HUD and Refueling gauge, and initial install .ZIPs of Sludge v1.1.  Other than that, I did nothing.  Oh yeah, I put it together as a whole release for the major servers.  Lest we forget, this was after you said you would do this for your naval aviation package.  And I thought you'd actually follow up on your word?  Remember this?  http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2612.0
Boy, that really took off didnt it?!  Funny how thats dated Jan 2010.  I was even there offering to help you, but you completely missed the boat.  Which brings me to my next topic.

... besides run your mouth off all the time?

What exactly has YOUR CONTRIBUTION been to FSX and more specifically the FSX NAVAL AVIATION side?  So far, all Ive seen is ONE TEXT FILE that has the HOOK/LAUNCHBAR SETTINGS for various aircraft.  Thats it.  Oh WOW!!  Whoop-de-doo, stop the presses, we have a file that gives us launchbar and hook contact points.  Damn, the sun might not come up tomorrow.

Now, get back to fixing your "sim toy"

I thought you said earlier that I didnt do anything?  So make up your mind, am I doing something or not?  You shouldn't get soo bent outta shape to the point where you contradict yourself in your own post.

and stop acting like your all that, cause your not, "smudge"

Where do you get that I'm acting like I'm all that?  Apparently, on YOUR PLANET Uranus, you are soo bent that you missed this:  "Much thanks to all who have made the Sludge what it is today."  In case you missed it, here on Earth... thats called gratitude.  Hehe.  Oh, and BTW, I do think its very cute how you still call me "Smudge".  Actually, its quite funny.  I'm guessing your mad cause your name wasn't in the credits?  Why are you soo bent?

And remember, you still got a "date" with SUBS & VRS' TACPack coming.

If SUBS can ever get it up, Ill meet him anytime, especially that I have the CSW setup in the Sludge Basic.  Anytime.  You too.  I'd bust either of you up all over the FSX multiplayer and then put it up on YouTube for EVERYONE to see.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:14:21 am by Sludge »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 11:31:17 am »
JJ...

BTW, forgot to tell ya.  Hella 3-wire.  Good FSX stick skills.  At 4:00, thats such a great part:  "and the hair... it stands... on back of our necks"; just like real life, being in the groove. Closely followed by: "..and I swear it shows... Heaven must be just like this..." as your catching a 3-wire.  Thats definately Heaven for a naval aviator.  We all know how important boarding rates/grades are in carrier life.

Also, Im starting to get what youre saying about videos, music, and timing.  Getting an image, along with the feel of the song and how to develop that into a working video.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:37:33 am by Sludge »

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011, 01:00:22 pm »
“Mr. Chams”,  thank you for the kind words. After viewing your video that Sludge put up I will certainly be asking for your opinion in future videos. In fact, please continue to enlighten us with your vast array of knowledge in all aviation subjects. If I remember correctly, you stated that you flew F-14’s. Obviously you must know that Sludge is a fellow service member. Seeing the way you speak to him in public you must have some amazing stories. If it wouldn’t be too much trouble, can you share a few. Thank you again Sir, for your input and your service to this country.

Only if it's not in contravention of the "Home Land Security Provisions", of course ;D

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:q97MAY8SqjQJ:realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php%3Ftopic%3D375.0+most+of+my+credentials+are+classified+under+the+Home+Land+Security+provisions&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&source=www.google.ca

Here's one of me right after I got my own wings ::)                                       Mom and Dad were very proud, I must say :-*

B
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 05:45:13 pm by svicar »
Visit me at "The Hornet's Nest".

http://www.wix.com/svicar/thehornetsnest

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 05:30:42 pm »
Guys, specially Sludge, stop bashing "Mr. Chams",

His EHSI video is really well done. It has some flaws, but even hollywood movies have, right? It's great overall, I mean, if you don't consider the first title, where screen keeps fading left and right, and you can't read it. The 3 frames per second also didn't help much, but that's not really a problem, as it's probably caused by his aircraft modification, but that I believe is due to the fact that all information he gathered to put into his mod, had to be encrypted, as it probably goes against his Home Land Security Provisions. Anyway, in fact I like how colorful and variated the fonts in his vid are, sometimes handwriting, sometimes serif fonts, and changing colours all the time, boy, it's a party! I like parties, who doesn't?! I just found weird (just weird, not bad) when it says "just like the pros". I thought they were called Navy Pilots, and "pros" was how 16 year old hardcore arcade game players proclaimed themselves, while standing all day in front of their computers, asking their moms to bring more cheeseburgers and coke, but maybe now pilots also call themselves "pros", since the kids of today are the adults of tomorrow. Time changes, and words also. It's also good that it says "the end" when it's over, it helped a lot. Otherwise video would loop and loop and I would stay all day watching it without getting tired of it, and maybe my boss would get me fired because of that. Life saver 'the end'! Only thing I didn't like is the musical choice. I mean, I personally love church music, despite the fact it's pleases your ears by itself, it totally matches the video subject. Problem is I set the volume so high, my colleagues started cursing and swearing, and now they won't talk to me anymore, but I never liked them anyways, and the first 3 seconds of music were totally worth it, before I was forced to mute, against my will.

So I beg you, fellows, stop saying bad words about "Mr. Chams", and do like microbrewst. Lets be friends with "Mr. Chams", and learn from his many experiences aboard the tomcat, defending the United States of America! You can't deny his knowledge, and the fact that he's an aviation guru (or priest, not sure due to religion differences), he even guessed Captain Sim's product X, and if that weren't enough, he was the first one to do so.

Thank you, sir!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 05:41:19 pm by fael097 »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 06:20:24 pm »
Fael...

You and I can just disagree to disagree.  I dont have a problem not giving Chams a rash of crap.  If he stops with his "FYI" statements that run CONTRARY to the FACTS that Ive seen up close and personal as a USMC maintenance troop, then I wont call him out.  I can tell you, the reason I asked Ray (svicar) Gagnon to make that Grunge Sludge paint is, it looks just like the Hornets I saw when I was over there, and its not overdone.
I was there too and I can tell your confusing metal fatigue/discoloration, sand-scraped paint and ordinance paint-burn marks with the "over done" rust/grease look of the paint scheme you've got there.
It wasnt rust, it was desert grime/sludge sun-baked on the planes all the time.  I know this because removing panels for maintenance sucks in the desert and thats how I wanted the Grunge Sludge Hornet to look and feel.  And since he's throwing that out there that "I was there too", then I want to know who with?  As he claims his Homeland Security whatnot keeps him from disclosing his full "military job".  Thats a load.  Ive never heard that from ANY of my multi-service friends, most of who are still in.  I've been USMC maintenance, USN officer (USS Geo Wash EW div O), USAF reserve AWACS and have YET TO HEAR THAT LINE from anybody Ive ever worked with, active duty, reserves, or retired.  And Im talking Intel guys too who were in during and post-911.

Also, when he tries to call me out for the things I havent supposedly havent done... I will fight back.
What exactly have you done ?
I know its the easy way to just look the other way and let people flame and die out.  If anybody knows me, they know I dont stand for it, and I never will.  If he challenges me, then back it up 'cause I know what I did, what I saw, and what I've done and not done.

learn from his many experiences aboard the tomcat, defending the United States of America! You can't deny his knowledge, and the fact that he's an aviation guru
What is holding him back from proving he is a prior Tomcat driver?  He wont even answer basic questions about Navy OCS or AOCS that would go into proving his credibility, so until he does, I dont buy it.  And he does have some knowledge about FSX.  Also, I saw that he was one of the first to guess the "project x" for Capt Sim Weapons and thats impressive.

So to clarify, Ill back down from "bashing" Chams as you see it, if he doesnt make these ridiculous claims.  It takes TWO to tango.  I can honor a cease-fire just as well as the next guy.

Ray...

That was funny.  Have you been talking to JJ?  Or seen his scary-looking Avatar on Skype?  Ive just recently gotten used to looking at it... gave me the hee-bees at first.

Later
Sludge

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 06:22:11 pm »
Sludge,
I hope you read my post entirely, because I couldn't be more sarcastic than that :P but you got it... lol

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 06:25:52 pm »
Fael...

I did read it, but didnt get your sarcasm well.  Sorry it was a late night (5am) and I have late sims.  BTW, Im still looking for anybody who will help with "the project", so let me know if you get any bites... Im willing to throw coin at it, so if they have the skills and need some "enticing"... PM me.

Later
Sludge

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 06:36:25 pm »
I saw micro's sarcastic reply, and tried to join him, but i failed it seems :P

about the project, I was trying to get some help at fsdeveloper, but not many people willing to help, none with any knowledge.
so i guess ill read the sdk entirely, and see if i can extract any useful information from there.

cheers

Afterburn93

• "I've got this thing floored!"
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 09:49:30 pm »
Hey guys, very nice video, ultra-professional. Looks like I missed this whole thing... I need to stay up-to-date more with carrier ops/sessions it seems.

A/B
Benjamin "Afterburn" Rothstein (A/B, Candlewacs)

"Is that an Uzi in your handbag... or are you just pleased to see me?"

Orion

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 11:08:36 pm »
Fael, are you trying to get help (i.e. you want someone to teach you so you can learn), or do you want someone to help you (i.e. someone doing work for you and Sludge)?  If you're looking for the latter, you've already posted in the right board.  Also, are you asking about 3D gauges, or something like J.R. and Scott Printz's HUD?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:10:13 pm by Orion »

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 12:21:15 am »
about the project, I was trying to get some help at fsdeveloper, but not many people willing to help, none with any knowledge.
so i guess ill read the sdk entirely, and see if i can extract any useful information from there.

I'm just a lowly texture monkey but if I can be of any help, let me know. I'd be pleased.

JamesChams

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 12:24:39 am »
Sure... here are some more "accurate" examples. ;)

Original Post: http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1290995339/7#7

BTW: Anyone read my new Sig? ??? LOL :D ;D
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 12:53:29 am »
Mr Chams, i have no idea whats your point showing these textures, but if your intention was to show "proper" metal wearing textures, you fail. the wearing effects on the texture comes with the paint kit, all you have to do is paint the colors, to make it look like that. its a good repaint for sure, but Ray changed more than just the colours, he added some extra rust, dirt, etc to the texture, fictional or plausible, doesnt matter, what matters is that he did something else than just painting under the dirt.

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 01:16:39 am »
Dave was up to his consistant best when he produced that one but, and I don't want to disparage his work in any way, I believe the weathering visible is from the paint kit. Not that he is incapable of producing those types of effects, (he's actually amazingly talented as are all the texture folks at McPhat Studios).

Also, I thought I might add some alternatives in the event you decide to change your "Sig":

-Job 11:3,5, "Should thy lies make men hold their peace? and when thou mockest, shall no man make thee ashamed? But oh that God would speak, and open his lips against thee;"

-Proverbs 10:18, "He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool."

-Zechariah 8:16, "These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour;"

and finally, my personal favorite:

“Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.”
Benjamin Franklin

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 01:46:08 am »
Yep, I agree with you, I used to repaint myself, and I never edited the weathering, simply because it's not needed. thats what the paint kit is all about, leaving you free to simply paint. I just said that, because Mr Chams likes to sound superior, even when he has no idea what he's talking about.